Saturday, December 13, 2014

Chateau Hexagon



Yes poppets FINALLY finished! So many months, many of them were spent resting (the quilt, not me!)


I bought my patterns from The Country Yard way back.............................crikey LAST year!
Lynette Anderson has designed many Button Mystery Block of the Months, see here for the first one 'My Garden', then here for 'Christmas Fun'.


Because I have a love affair with Kansas Troubles fabric (designed by Lynne Hagmeier) this was my choice of fabrics along with some wool felt.
The background fabrics came from my large loyal collection of creams.

Lynette designs the cutest hand painted buttons that really bring a quilt to life. As you can see I had fun playing with feathers on the border, I think I may go back and add more quilting in the blocks, for now it is hung in my bedroom on the quilt rack my son made me.


If you remember I had a few problems with the appilque (see here for the post about that) but Lynette was a fabulous help to me, she came up with a new setting for my blocks and asked me if I would test the new Apliquick Tools she had just started to stock. Please see this post for that story and tutorial.
There is no going back to 'the other way of appliqueing' for me!


Loving my vintage doliey for the label. Check out your local Opshops/charity stores...................if I haven't already bought them all!


This quilt looks lovely in my room with my Buggy Barn 'Quilters Village' quilt and cushions.



Another finish, this time Christmasy.


This time the fabrics were Lynette Anderson's, the thread: Cottage Garden 'Waratah', the stitchery was from Chestnut Junction the cushion construction was just me playing one Sunday afternoon some weeks back.


15 comments:

  1. I love you interpretation of Chateau Hexagon Leeanne. It looks wonderful hanging on your special quilt rack

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely stunning Leanne. I love your doily label, as you know there are NO DOILIES in Hamilton, I have them all remember!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Leeanne, talk about take your breath away :-) Just gorgeous, Love the fabrics & the buttons seem to set it off too. Your quilt rack your son made you is pretty special too. You have been busy my friend. Laughed at Sue's comment about the doilies ... trouble is ... its all true!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning quilt Leeanne....the quilt rack is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I see all that you accomplish I wonder what is wrong with me. : )
    That is a very classic looking little quilt. And I love KT fabrics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful!!! You have done a fabulous job on it...love your Saint Nick pillow too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. a wonderful wallhanging, Lynette is really one of the top of the tops for designing such talent.The applique tools are being shown on our craft channel but I feel they are very expensive. Good idea to use a doily as a label, reminds me i did not label my last quilt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, gorgeous Leeanne, I love how your one looks and your quilting is beautiful. Your room looks so lovely with all your amazing patchwork. Love your Christmas cushion too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, Leeanne, gorgeous quilting and it looks lovely on the rack! The cushion is so sweet, I se you quilt the back also, love it! Have a nice (quilting)day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just divine Leanne, I have this tucked away to make somewhere (sometime soon ) I hope when I see your beautiful quilt. Love the doily idea, Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leeanne you Chateau has turned out so beautifully - you quilted it so well - I had all the patterns, but sold them to Sharon (previous commentor) a few months ago!

    ReplyDelete
  12. NICE finish! I really like the touches of lace and the doily label.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leeanne, I adore your choice of colours for you Chateau Hexagon AND your quilting. It's turned out brilliant. It's in my stash as a kit from Lynette...who knows when it will rise to the surface!!! As for your vintage doiley...sheer brilliance...LOVE IT! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh it is lovely Leeanne - so detailed and pretty and everything about it just goes together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The pictures and view from their website made us excited to see it, so we booked an appointment and found that these guys do not treat you like just some paycheck. The manager and chef at banquet halls in Miami both were really amazing.

    ReplyDelete