Friday, October 7, 2016

The Country Yard...................................................



Many of you know I work one day a week at The Country Yard, then the remaining days of the week I work from home quilting other customer quilts. Because I work at this lovely shop I do have the privilege of quilting many of the samples. Today I am sharing three quilts plus some cushion panels.


Bronwyn Hayes designs are delightfully 'country' and charming. Kerryn (owner of TCY) made this lovely sample to tempt keen stitchers near and far to join in the stitch-along.


As often happens at the shop all available slots are sold out before the sample is even finished!
You will notice I quilted this sample fairly simply as requested by Kerryn. I did have one blank canvas area to have a little play time though!


Quilt facts to the best of my knowledge:

41" x 41", Cottage Garden Threads, Matilda's Own Cotton batting, free hand custom quilting by me.


Next is another stitchery quilt, but this time the designs are by Natalie Bird - The Birdhouse - "Tis the Season".


Quilted using Glide Thread "Mocha" in a continuous curved design (aka: orange peel, pumpkin seed) which I did in fact stitch all in one go over the entire quilt.


The Stitcheries were small enough that all that was required was SID. There are some pretty dainty little prints in the quilt which IS available as a kit!


Quilt facts:

30" x 38", Matilda's Own Poly/cotton batting, free hand custom quilting by me!

Next is a rather chic timeless quilt called Vintage Onyx. Kerryn asked for edge to edge quilting.


Quilt facts:

52" x 52", Matilda's Own Poly/cotton batting, available as a kit, edge to edge pattern: "Kayes Roses" by Keryn Emmerson, Glide thread "Warm Grey".


Fancy a photo of the back? It shows the quilting pattern off well.........................................


Last but not least, some super fun cushion panels! Six of them to be exact!



Simple straight quilting gave these cute panels a fresh crisp look. They are all ready to be made into cushions for someones caravan of motor home.



      A continued thank you to Kerryn who keeps me busy with quilting her lovely samples.

Last weekend hubby & I dashed away for a couple of days filled up with visiting family and friends, one afternoon we stopped by the Hamilton Gardens............what a treat!



The last time I visited these fabulous gardens was about 27years ago! This was one of my favourite displays/statues as when I was 20 I was involved with community theater and one play I was involved with I played the White Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland! Seeing this bought back Some funny memories!


 I quite liked this Maori carving as I have never seen one in black, they are usually a deep rust red.

Photo courtesy of the website

 
photo courtesy of the website

 
photo courtesy of the website




Most of the photo's are courtesy of the Hamilton Gardens website, why I didn't I take any photo's you ask? I was too busy enjoying the scenery!









13 comments:

  1. You have been busy on the machine! Lucky you found time to get down to Hamilton, thanks for sharing these photos, it's many years since I was down there, perhaps that could be trip ;annex for this Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I could work at a quilt shop. I think I would spend more than I earnt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that first quilt with such cute stitcheries.
    That orange peel pattern is so unique for the second quilt--great idea, and so smart of you to figure how to do it continuously!
    What a beautiful place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilts & the way you have quilted the first two quite simply - I think it suits them. I agree with the 2nd comment ... I surely would spend more than I ever earnt if I worked there !!!! The Gardens look lovely at any time of year - even in mid winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. some lovely quilts you have quilted here, I am a big fan of Bird designs having done 2 and now doing a third one. The gardens look beautiful too and so peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilts and quilting once again...love the Country Yard shop! I too would spend all my pay in the shop!! The gardens in Hamilton look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot to say the cushion fabric is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Working at a quilt shop and quilting from home--sounds like a dream job

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where would we be without your quilting Leeanne?! Lovely quilts. Great that you got some time away too, sounds like it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our Hamilton Gardens are the BEST aren't they. Now you know why I go there often armed with my camera. Next time you get down we should meet at the gardens??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Leeanne, I so love the border on the Bronwyn Hayes quilt, I have made that, wish I had seen Kerryns gorgeous border before I finished mine!! Great quilting by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in love with that van! The quilts are so nice too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely projects Leeanne, and wouldn't you just love to see one of those caravans done up like that in real life!

    ReplyDelete