Saturday, May 25, 2024

Quilting for Joan (x2), Rachel & Siobhan

Hello Quilty Friends!
Today's post has some real beauties. 
LOADS of colour, points of interest and one with a special story and a Youtube video.
 So if you are keen, make your favourite drink - coffee for me please 😊 and enjoy.
If you fancy leaving a comment I'd love to hear from you.







Quilt Information:

Pattern - Seaglass Quilt - by Treehouse Textiles
Measurements - 84"x 96"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Zebra.
Batting - Supplied by customer.
Backing - Supplied by customer.
Threads - Glide - Cool Mint.
Binding - Make and attach to front only - Joan will hand stitch to the back.








Quilt Information:

Pattern - Unknown to me.
Measurements - 38"x 48"
Quilting - Custom Quilting.
Batting - Supplied by customer.
Backing - Supplied by customer.
Threads - Glide - Linen and Peacock (bobbin)
Binding - Full Quiltmekiwi Binding Service.






Quilt Information:

Pattern - Beth Dutton Quilt from Yellowstone Series.
Measurements - 77"x 77"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Baptist Fan.
Batting - Wool/polyester - Purchased from me.
Backing - Red Twister - Purchased from me.
Threads - Glide - Sterling.


Next is a special commissioned piece. Siobhan has bought several quilts from me, you know the ones I make to sell:Quiltmekiwi Quilt Shop .
So when she cleared out her parents home in Ireland she knew she wanted a memory quilt made from her fathers neck ties, mothers wedding gloves, doilies and furnishing fabrics.
 Siobhan contacted me, asking if I would take the project on. Of course!
She chose the quilt pattern, which we adjusted in size to fit to a wall space. 
 If you are interested I made a time lapsed construction video for my Youtube channel
which I will link at the bottom of this post.




The gloves Siobhan's mother wore on her wedding day appliqued to the front.

Pieced tablecloth and cushion covers for backing. Hanging sleeve along the top.

Close up of label, blacked out for privacy.


Quilt Information:

Pattern - Rainbow Falls - By Wren Collective.
Measurements - 40"x 50"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Ripples.
Batting - Cotton - Purchased from me.
Backing - Tablecloth and cushion covers.
Threads - Glide - Linen.
Binding - Full Quiltmekiwi Binding Services and hanging sleeve.
Label - Embroidered Linen. 



Here's a new Wide Backing fabric that arrived this week:

Te Koripi




Leeanne.

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful tribute with so many memories there, Fly Away Home is in my mind as I see all those tiny triangles, the gloves, and the love from their family. This is a treasure beyond anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the custom quilting on that pastel quilt Leeanne - think it is the 2nd one featured. But gosh that memory quilt just blows my mind!!! How special & what a keepsake that will become. Love, love the vintage gloves included. You are SO damn clever my dear friend x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much eye candy Leeanne, love that first quilt and it's backing - it is like being under the sea!! Love, love, Love the memory quilt, what a wonderful idea and such beautiful work from you! Very, very clever. So very special for the family to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to you for the custom quilting on the second quilt with the flanges. That would really challenge me.
    Absolutely love that wonderful memory quilt. So well done!
    Hey, I've had hot flashes in that setting, minus the cat. :)

    ReplyDelete