Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Quilting for Deb, Linda & Pascal

Hello Quilty Friends!
Did someone say it's July?? Wowzier, where did June go?
So much seems to have happened since my last post, I'm a year older, I've been away twice for bike riding trips, to a quilt retreat & the temperatures have dropped (yay!)
 There are beautiful quilts to share - always beautiful quilts.
The first quilt was made by Deb's mother in law started as a BOM - 15 plus years ago, then four of Linda's (Linda's Blog ) quilts, three with #partyinthequiltback backings!
 Last but not least, Pascal's fabric for a design project.







Quilt Information:

Pattern - Rose Delight by Cushlas Fabrics.
Measurements - 66"x 77"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Harmony Heart.
Batting - Wool/polyester - Purchased from me.
Backing - Dandelion Dream - Purchased from me.
Threads - Glide - Peacock.

 



Quilt Information:

Pattern - Four Patch Chain.
Measurements - 49"x 57"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - New Growth B.
Batting - Wool/polyester - Purchased from me.
Backing - Supplied by customer (vintage sheet)
Threads - Glide - Peacock.







 
Purple Jacob's Ladder for the backing


Quilt Information:

Pattern - Jacob's Ladder.
Measurements - 49"x 65"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Baptist Fan.
Batting - Wool/polyester - Purchased from me.
Backing - Supplied by customer ( another Jacob's Ladder Quilt!)
Threads - Glide - Peacock.






Meadowland quilt for the backing

Quilt Information:

Pattern - Old Maids Puzzle.
Measurements - 58"x 58"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Compass Rose.
Batting - Wool/polyester - Purchased from me.
Backing - Supplied by customer (a Meadowlands quilt!)
Threads - Glide - Peacock.






Quilt Information:

Pattern - Stars Upon Stars by Blue Elephant Stitches.
Measurements - 64"x 82"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Peeling Good.
Batting - Wool/polyester - Purchased from me.
Backing - Supplied customer ( pieced from 2 quilts)
Threads - Glide - Bone.

Linda's four completed quilts. See her blog & Instagram for her binding choices.





Quilt Information:

Pattern - No pattern, one side a piece of velvet, the other side satin.
Measurements - 39"x 49"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - New Growth B.
Batting - Cotton - Purchased from me.
Threads - Glide - Bark.

Pascal is a textile design student. It's the top layer, 
there are a few lighter layers of underskirts that go underneath it. 
The whole outfit is meant to look like it has been worn through the sea so the hems are
 all painted a little darker. 


As I mentioned in my previous post it was my birthday month in June, so I had a getaway with two special friends, doing what I love: Bike riding, sewing, knitting & enjoying time with good friends.
I managed to catch up with another special friend on the way home to exchange birthday presents.
I was treated to a new book & special book mark, soap, chocolate (not sure where that went 😀) & the most beautiful smelling potpourri.



 

Then no sooner had I arrived home, washed VERY muddy bikes & unpacked sewing machines etc.
 I got asked to be a female support person for a group of year 13 PE students bike packing ( all their tents, clothes & cooking in packs) in panniers for a three day 120km journey. Unfortunately we only got the first day (37km's) completed as the weather took a turn for the worse. Wet tents, sleeping bags, wind & heavy rain aren't the best combination!


Thanks for sticking around & hopefully enjoying this very eclectic blog post.
 
Leeanne.
 

3 comments:

  1. Great post Leeanne, the quilts and quilting are all wonderful to see. Good to hear you had a good birthday month and got to do things you like. I enjoyed your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love an eclectic post Leeanne & its wonderful to see your photos of your adventures. It was so great to catch up in Cambridge. Its such a shame the weather took a turn for the worse as its now sunny days here but VeRy chilly nights.
    Another wonderful variety of quilts & colours .... the last one, the velvet fabric - did you quilt it so she could make it into something - an outfit??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out, Leeanne, love your photos💕

    ReplyDelete