Sunday, May 12, 2013

Retreat was a real treat !!!



I am home from a lovely weekend with friends sewing, what more could a gal ask for on Mothers day?

Friday afternoon, set up, that can take a bit of sorting to fit 16 keen patchworkers into a hall, but we did it. So many SewEzi tables & Bernina sewing machines, extension cords, ironing boards ..............................and soooooo much fabric!!!!!


There seemed to be a theme of scrap quilts in the making.................................





The quilt on the left is what I pieced. Called Urban Birthday pattern by Jenny Pedigo of Sew Kind of Wonderful. Using Jenny's unique Quick Curve Ruler.


This was my little nook of scrappiness! Another project I managed to work on as well.
 1.5" squares, some 'borrowing' went on, all for the purposes of scrappy variety.



We had a suitcase sale, not selling suitcases, but unwanted, pre loved patterns, kits, books & fabrics.

                                                        Look at our inspirational view!!!!

I received lovely Mothers Day texts from 3 of my kids, then when I got home look what my son made for me!!!!!


What a lovely end to a fabulous weekend!
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Oh looks like total bliss and what a keeper of a boy you have to make his mummy such an awesome cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had lots of fun and such a grand idea for Mother's Day weekend. Yummy cake! I love smarties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had great weather too! The cake looks yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so many scrap quilts it looks like a wonderful way to spend a day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic weekend!! Love all the quilts and the suitcase sale. glad you had a great Mothers day!!
    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great surprise to arrive home to Leeanne. You have a very special son. It sure was a great weekend with so much achieved and lots of fun and laughter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Leeanne, looks like you girls had a fantastic weekend - lots accomplished & an amazing view !!!! Thought of you all weekend & hoped it was fun :-)
    Lucky you getting a Mothers Day cake too - how lovely of your son. Happy week my friend, Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Leeanne, it looks like you had a wonderful time, lots of lovely projects! Yummy looking cake too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sure was a fun weekend!!! How lovely to come home to such a yummy and thoughtful cake - I know you will have enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a lot of scrappy fun--I love that log cabin quilt with the cabins in the middle!
    Yummm! Great cake for a grand finale! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's the best Mother's Day gift, sewing with friends. Looks like some wonderful scrappy quilts in the works. I love scrappy.

    ReplyDelete