Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Scrappiness



Loving scrap quilts...........................................


Fleur has been a quilter for many years & with that comes bucket loads of SCRAPS! So Fleur wanted to get a hold on those scraps........so what's a quilter to do? Make a scrap quilt of course. They are true trips down memory lane for the maker & for those who look on. As the quilter I saw many fabrics that were familiar to me.
This quilt measures 96" x 96", cotton/wool batting & I used Aurifil's new variegated poly thread.
Fleur is a hand quilter & I can tell you her quilting is stunning! So what an honour to be commissioned to quilt for her.
Very simple quilting of straight lines & a four petal flower, I hope the following photo's will show the quilting.




I wonder if Fleur has any more scraps??????????????????



My bloggy friend Karen from America is a wonderful long arm quilter & pattern designer. Karen emailed me the other day telling me of her new pattern 'Pumpkin Spice' for sale on Craftsy

Please pop over to see Karen here to see her pattern & quilting.

I have some fun quilts coming up in the next few weeks, so keep posted.



10 comments:

  1. I adore scrap quilts as you know - Fleur has done a wonderful job. Leeanne your quilting just makes the quilt sing.

    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a whole lotta scraps!! Your quilting is just right - not too much on an already busy quilt. Off to go and look at your friend's site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scrappy quilt Leeanne ... maybe I could manage one of those ??!! I love your quilting on it especially the four petal flower - just pops out at you. Your friends Pumpkin Spice quilt is gorgeous too ... very autumny colourings. Have a great evening x0x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two very wonderful scrap quilts. They warm my heart! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scrapquilt, and you chose a good pattern to quilt it. I LOVE the Fall quilt! I want to make one for years and don't do it. The colors are so warm.
    Have a nice day, Cisca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a great way to use the pieces too hard to throw out... and you have quilted it beautifully, well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work by two talented ladies! Love that Pumpkin Spice pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scraps quilts are the ultimate quilts, in my estimation. :o)

    ReplyDelete