Wednesday, May 28, 2014

a wee break from quilting



just a for a short while........I promise!


Lisa over at Big Little posted about making hottie covers for the cold kidlets in Christchurch. So I just had a rummage through my fabrics & found the cute creamy, ever soooo soft polar fleece with sheep on it. I think this is what I used last year when I made some.





I wish you could feel how S*O*F*T these were! They were quite addictive to make. I dusted off the the over locker (serger) & got to work. In an hour tops I had six covers ready to post.


Off the sheep head to the south island. Last year I bought new hot water bottles & popped in each one, but this year they are off on their merry way as they are.
Before I get back to quilting, I can share the bag I made on the weekend for my Mum. I saw this fabric at the shop I work at part time & thought of Mum, as she LOVES pansies & purples & mauve's.



With some Matilda's Own bag batting, fabric & RicRac I came up with this bag. Designer? My mind!
Mum knits & crochets, so I am sure she can make use of this, or I guess it would make a nice hand bag.


Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy your comments. Back soon with plenty of customer quilts!




11 comments:

  1. I'll bet your Mum loves that bag! So pretty! Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hottie covers are so cute, the recipients will love them. The gag is gorgeous, your mother is one lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes I received my little "link" from Lisa today re the Hottie covers & I shall be making some too - yours are too cute Leeanne :-) It was funny as I had been thinking about them after making Hottie covers in my last post - wondering if the cantabrians needed them again this winter, Your Mum will love her new bag I am sure - it looks great x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bag Leeanne. I am sure your Mum will love it and will find lots of uses for it. Good for you for making the lovely hottie covers for a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha cute hottie covers. Bag for you mum very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so need some of that pansy fabric! Can I buy some online?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for the hot water bottles!! Your bag is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those hottie covers are darling Leeanne and I'm sure your mum will love her bag... Sweet fabric on both accounts. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are awesome! Great great hotties and so fast!! and no doubt your mum will love the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Sweet your hotty covers just wants to make you cuddle up with one...they are sooo lovely and Mum's bag is great and it will hold all the knitting and needles.....hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the hottie covers and the sheep!! Very Kiwi! The bag is beautiful - I am sure your Mum will love it!!

    ReplyDelete