Thursday, July 20, 2017

Bird Dance................................


Janine's Bird Dance is a show of colour, beautiful hand stitches and a pure joy! I was delighted when Janine asked me to quilt this lovely Sue Spargo design for her.


This little beauty (35" x 41" ) was so much fun to quilt! Basically I just did my quilt doodling. Janine graciously gave me free range........free range, free hand quilting! Are they free range birds too? They look like they are!


There really is stack loads of embroidery detail, so many different stitches, threads, felts and embellishments.............. some of those embellishments had to be constrained as to not get in the way of my hopping foot! Don't worry no feathers were harmed in this procedure.


Janine made this quilt as a sew-along with her sister Julie. I delivered Janine's quilt to Julie as Janine lives in Australia. It was lovely to finally meet Julie as we have been 'blogging friends' for sometime now. I enjoyed a cuppa and sampled some of her scrummy baking!


                                  Don't you love the backing fabric! It's so perfect!


       Thank so much Janine I hope you don't have to wait too long to cuddle your beautiful quilt.

My next quilt?................watch this space and my Instagram and Facebook pages.



17 comments:

  1. You have done such a beautiful job on this Leanne, I have been gushing over the phone about it to Janine. It was lovely to finally meet you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one amazing quilt loving all those birds and your quilting looks splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness, Leeanne, this is eye candy overload!! Such creative little birds, and you have quilted them beautifully! It looks very challenging to quilt around all of the embellishments. Do you often cover them with tape? I have wondered how to deal with such obstructions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something so striking about Sue Spargo designs that you can always pick them anywhere I think. I feel the way you have quilted this Leeanne makes it just pop right out at you. Just gorgeous!! Is it a mix of fabric & wool felt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No words can say enough for this stunning masterpiece. A treasure always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing piece. Love the bright colours Janine has used. Your quilting certainly makes the birds pop. Is the background wool/felt? Do you have to treat it differently as opposed to quilting cotton.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an amazing piece. Love the bright colours Janine has used. Your quilting certainly makes the birds pop. Is the background wool/felt? Do you have to treat it differently as opposed to quilting cotton.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful collecion of birds, so colourful and all those special stitches are amazing! Love your 'free range' quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The birds are just wonderful, all that colour - gorgeous!! The quilting is stunning Leeanne, so detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG how hard was it to part with that quilt!! Absolutely stunning and your magic completed it perfectly, I am in awe, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooooo what a beautiful quilt and the quilting is amazing Leeanne. Love the colours and the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! You did a fabulous job on this quilt!!! I'm popping over from Julie's, and have watched her progress on HER bird dance quilt all year. I really am just in awe of how perfectly you complemented her already amazing quilt and made it really extra special. (And I'm a little jealous that you got to sample some of her backed goodies ;-) I'm off to browse a bit more.....
    Tracy in Arkansas, USA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julie sent me over here to admire her sister's quilt! But golly, I am also admiring your beautiful quilting! What a joy! I agree with 'the momma's' comment above: how perfectly your stitching complemented the fabulous stitching of Janine! You have a new follower! I'm off for a closer look at your fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of fun quilting here Leeanne! The work on these blocks is amazing - so much detail. A perfect match of quilt maker, quilter, and even backing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing quilt to be allowed free range on. Love what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. such an incredible quilt and lovely quilting to finish it off Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you make the cats just really pop out with your quilting Leeanne ... just gorgeous. I love your version of "professional development" .... cant wait to see that beauty finished. You are busy as ever :-)

    ดูหนังฝรั่ง

    ReplyDelete