Friday, July 7, 2023

Quilting for Kay, Kim, Mary & Veta

Hello Quilty Friends!
I have an eclectic collection of quilts today. Each stands - or should I say hangs in it's own category.
Fish, cats, a video game and squares. 
The only thing they have in common is they are all made for the makers grandchildren!




Quilt Information:

Pattern - Unknown to me.
Measurements - 58"x 58"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Bubbles.
Batting - Cotton - Purchased from me.
Backing - Blue Flannel - Purchased from me.
Threads - Glide - Sky.






Pieced Backing Made from the leftover duvet and the fun denim patched look fabric.

Fun Diagonal Stripe Binding!

Quilt Information:

Pattern - Info below.
Measurements - 62"x 89"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Modern Gamer.
Batting - Wool/polyester - Purchased from me.
Backing - Info below.
Threads - Glide - Sterling.
Binding - The Full Quiltmekiwi Binding Services.

*** Can you believe this was once Kim's son's duvet cover? Well it was! Kim decided to see if I could give it a new lease of life so that she could gift it to her son's son - Kim's grandson.
Such a cool idea!
I cut the duvet in two, the front & back were exactly the same.
I added a yellow sashing, then sliced some strips from the other side of the duvet to add as borders.
Then what was left I pieced into a backing using the same yellow again & a denim look wide backing fabric.
And that perfect diagonal multi coloured stripe I'd had stashed for the binding.





Quilt Information:

Pattern - Square Root of Nine - by Quilters Dream.
Measurements - 80"x 80"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Baptist Fan.
Batting - Polyester - Purchased from me.
Backing - Supplied by customer.
Threads - Glide - Medium Brown.








Quilt Information:

Pattern - Unknown to me.
Measurements - 82"x 91"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Riveria.
Batting - Cotton - Purchased from me.
Backing - Harpersfield - Purchased from me.
Threads - Glide - Light Grey.





Here in Northland - the top half of the north island of New Zealand we have had SO much rain. When there was a fine patch yesterday I seized the opportunity and went for a bike ride. Checkout the view!



Leeanne.

2 comments:

  1. We are at Taupo, can finally see some snow and should see more on the way home today.Your favourite place maybe, Central Plateau.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing Leeanne!! What you did with that customers Pokemon duvet cover for her grandson is just amazing! And it looks so great ! I am sure there is a little boy somewhere who is just delighted ! I know my Pokemon-mad Grandson would be.

    ReplyDelete