Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Machine quilting and classes.

I made this quilt for The Country Yard , pattern from a Buggy Barn book, the quilt is called 'Courthouse Stars'.I used a big range of Kim Diehl fabrics called 'Along the Fence', plus a few others.








Quilting : echo stitched the stars and a loose stipple in the background and on the courthouse steps using a variety of Signature variegated threads.






One of my customers ,Lois loves cats!...please click on the photo's so you can see the cats.
Lois made this quilt at a class at The Country Yard. The sample had scalloped top & bottom borders, Lois was unsure if she wanted to do this, so I have stippled and if she wanted to scallop the borders she can cut them and then attach a binding.




meow!  
The back of the quilt.

I taught a machine quilting class today and was very pleased with how well everyone did, some ladies just lacked a bit of confidence, but once shown the basics can go away and practice!



I'm glad you had time to stop by.

6 comments:

  1. I love that Courthouse Stars quilt and of course the quilting is superb!! Lois's cats are fun too - who can ever resist some playful kitties. You did great at the machine quilting class - I know everyone enjoyed it and felt a lot more confident to carry on with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that Star quilt Leeanne - which Buggy Barn book is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute quilts. Glad to hear that you are sharing your talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the stars - but I am doing the cats, oh so many lovely things to do!! If you could see my UFO's !!!! Well that is another story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the "courthouse stars " quilt !!! Great job !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would also like to know what Buggy Barn book the Courthouse Star quilt was in?

    ReplyDelete