Friday, November 25, 2011

Finished read & hand quilting?

Finished! What a lovely read, nothing quilty, but we won't hold that against the author. My dear friend Barbara gave me this for my birthday, some months back.


Yes.... your eye sight is fine, this is a photo of hand quilting by me. Well the very start, there maybe another post of the finished quilt that has been machine quilted!!! LOL.
It has been years since I hand quilted and lately I have had a hankering for it, so I thought I would give it a go again on my Lynette Anderson's Christmas Fun BOM. I am using a #8 ecru pearl thread, not sure what I am going to do. I might sew the hand painted button's on as I go.
You can see here some of my points on my wee stars are cut off, as my Grandaughter would say : "never mind". Will I have it finished for this Christmas????

 I am waiting for my special rulers to come from Australia, so I can start Bonnie Hunter's new mystery, Orca Bay. Tomorrow will be the 2nd step, but I tell my self it is not a race, but I feel like I am at the back of the pack and can't get traction! Here are the fabric's I have chosen, are any of my readers joining in?


4 comments:

  1. I'm sure you can have it ready for Christmas... :O) a little bit here and there and it will be done in no time! I am sure you are not at the back of the pack but hey what does it matter if you are... just enjoy the process and have fun! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is looking lovely, I do love that pattern and hand quilting will look beautiful on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hand quilting will look lovely on this quilt - something nice to do in the long summer evenings - didn't the mystery turn out well? I know where I will be coming for handquilting lessons WHEN my hexie-quilt gets to that stage! The Friendship Bread looks like a nice read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty quilt! Love that it is done by hand!

    ReplyDelete