Thursday, October 12, 2023

Quilting for Jan, Janette, Julia & Wendy

Hello Quilty Friends!
Today's blog post is a collection filled with variety and LOTS of photos.
Lots of different styles, some E2E quilting and custom quilting, even some spooky ones!
Pull up a comfy perch and enjoy.





Quilt Information:

Pattern - Flight by Joanne's Designs.
Measurements - 52"x 65"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Total Mod Circles.
Batting - Wool/polyester - Purchased from me.
Backing - Supplied by customer.
Threads - Glide - White.





Quilt Information:

Pattern - Unknown to me.
Measurements - 48"x 58"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Stars at Christmas.
Batting - Supplied by customer.
Backing - Supplied by customer.
Threads - Glide - Military Gold.







Quilt Information:

Pattern - Jelly Roll Quilt.
Measurements - 70"x 80"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Windy Fern.
Batting - Wool/polyester - Purchased from me.
Backing - Supplied by customer.
Threads - Glide - Cool Mint.








Quilt Information:

Pattern - Affairs of the Heart - by Aie Rossman.
Measurements - 82"x 82"
Quilting - Custom Quilting.
Batting - Supplied by customer.
Backing - Supplied by customer.
Threads - Glide - Linen & Air Force Blue.


Three recent finishes from me. 
First, my huge (98"square) "Peanut Butter" quilt which is a pattern from Then Came June.
 I'm unsure why it's named that???
I tried to have no double ups of Low Volume fabrics but I just didn't have enough variety, 
so there are a few that 'feature' twice!






Then the two SUPER fun Halloween quilts! Boy they were fun to make!
"Skelly" was made by stacking up a Halloween themed layer cake and chopping through at a few random angles then sewing them back together - what we quilters do best right! 😀
Then I loaded it on my long arm machine quilted "West Wind Halloween" E2E Quilting design. Then the fun bit - laying the skeleton and "Boo!" over top (the wrong side had some steam a seam) pressing down then.......using Glow-in-the-Dark thread I quilted the edges down.




 "Skele-Tom" was a panel bordered with the leftover LV fabrics from the layer cake. Now this panel is Glow-in-the-Dark too! I quilted "Cumulus" E2E Quilting design over this one, I used black thread and it made me think of a dark, moody and spooky cloud night!






Until next time...............

Leeanne.

3 comments:

  1. Gosh Leeanne ... where to start. That first quilt - the black & white one is quite stunning. 🖤🤍 My son used to have a black & white bedroom & that would'be been perfect. I love the christmas tree e2e design - very lovely! Your halloween quilts are very stunning - they would be perfect in my friend Claire's home as she decorates for Halloween in all those colours! I shall mention them to her 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of beautiful quilts Leeanne and wonderful quilting - you and your magic wand have been busy! The Halloween quilts are stunning too, bet the glow in the dark looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always great choices on the E2E designs--Windy Fern was a very fun new-to-me pattern. But your custom quilting always arrests my attention.
    My goodness, Peanut Butter is a fun quilt. The connection between the name and the quilt pattern is a conundrum.
    Love your fun Halloween creations. Clever quilting, too. Oh, I'll bet the Glow In The Dark skeleton is fun to meet on a dark night. :)

    ReplyDelete