Wednesday, March 31, 2010

These is my Words

Just finished a really neat book: THESE IS MY WORDS -by Nancy E.Turner.The diary of Sarah Agnes Prine 1881 - 1901 Arizona Territories.This book was inspired by the author's original family memoirs.It has a few mentions of quilting, but mostly just an interesting look into the hardships of that time. Written in a diary format so it is quick easy reading.
I feel I will miss reading about that way of life, but I have the next novel ;SARAH'S QUILT (promising title!)
Here is one of my favourite pieces from the book:

Children are a burden to a mother, but not the way a heavy box is to a mule. Our children weigh hard on my heart, and thinking about them growing up honest and healthy, or just living to grow up at all, makes a load in my chest that is bigger than the safe at the bank, and more valuable to me than all the gold inside it.

1 comment: