Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A special Heirloom.............

Twenty years ago Jenny made this quilt as part of a class, she felt it was time to get this beauty finished!
The background fabric, sashing and backing fabric is cream calico, the batting is wool all save from 20 years ago. I'll let you enjoy the photo's..................

I love the texture the quilting has added to this quilt. I wonder what binding Jenny will use?
For more photo's please check out my Flickr page , or you can pop over there from the link on the top left hand corner of my blog.

Now I'm off to work on some secret projects for the The Country Yard 's new years launch, which is on the 18th February. I can show you more after that date.

11 comments:

  1. You've made that top into a really pretty quilt. Loved looking at the quilting designs in each block and really liked the diamond design in the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny is going to love it I'm positive, gorgeous quilting... have fun with the secret projects ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems a shame that it took 20 years... note to self, try to finish projects for the kids before they have grandchildren (ha ha!!) Both the quilt and the quilting are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny's quilt is beautiful and I agree, your quilting is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilting. - you have done an excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fantastic quilting!! It's all beautiful, but I especially like what you did around the hexies. WONDERFUL :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She'll be so pleased she pulled it out to finish it :-) Looks like you have had fun with each block so different. Really lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing quilting Leeanne..she will love it and be so pleased it's finished.
    love the colours, and even after 20 years,they still work well today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning quilting Leeanne - I really love it!

    ReplyDelete