Saturday, February 18, 2012

some secrets revealed!

A few posts ago I wrote about this cushion being made from scraps from a secret project , well I can now post about these 'secret' projects! At the Counrty Yard today we had our New Years launch where we showcased a heap of new projects that the team at shop have been secretly working away on. On show were : new fabrics, patterns, clubs, kits & BOM's. This is a cushion I made to go with the new BOM, see next lot of photo's.......................
please click on photo's for a closeup.




back of quilt









"Homecoming Lane" designed by Gail Pan, pieced, appliqued & quilted by me. We have used several ranges of fabrics to give a homely country old world look. I did raw edge machine blanket stitch for the applique & on the cushion I did needleturn to show you can choose any technique that takes your fancy!
I quilted a scalloped edge with pebbles and piano keys to give some texture to the busy border fabric.
back of cushion





 By the way, Gail's patterns are lovely to use, easy to read & understand.


 I have more to show you......so stay tuned!






11 comments:

  1. That quilt is gorgeous... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leeanne, the quilt and cushion are absolutely stunning. You're right Gail's patterns are beautiful to work with. You have made a wonderful job of both and I am sure Gail would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And it looked great hanging up there today! You must be pooped after such a busy day - it seemed like a great success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love the quilt and your quilting is beautiful! Love the scalloped border! karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail's designs are very distinctive - simple and very pretty. Even Nadia identified it as "that one's like yours, aye mummy!" It looked splendid on display, and I can only hope that mine turns out half as good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Gail's designs and that quilt is gorgeous, love the colours you have chosen. The cushion is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely lovely - I do love that pillow

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both cushion and quilt. You've done a really good job. And of course Gail Pan designs fantastic projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. O yes --- gorgeous quilt; it does look great hanging there on display. My favourite bit is that scallop quilting around the border, such a neat trick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt is just gorgeous! You did such a great job, both piecing and quilting.

    ReplyDelete