Monday, May 25, 2015

Three finished quilts.



Hello readers, today I am sharing three quilts that have had all over quilting designs by me. The first is Elizabeth's eye spy quilt. Made for a friend's baby girl. There is a fabulous mix of novelty fabrics.


Elizabeth fancied the idea of hearts so I free hand quilted hearts and swirls and chose a nice variegated thread. Elizabeth also asked me to attach the binding.


            Thank you Elizabeth, I am sure this quilt will create many hours of 'eye spy' games!

The next two quilts are from Thelma. Thelma purchased sheeting/duvet cover fabric and asked me to quilt them for her two grandsons, one is mad on Spiderman.................................



.............................Then there is the "Ben Ten" grandson who is mad on this comic/movie character.



Thelma chose a high loft poly batting giving these quilts a real puffy look. I hope both boys love their quilts.

My Facebook followers would have seen sneaky peeks of the Crinoline Ladies quilt I have been working on. I have had a few inquires if I have finished this pretty quilt, the answer is yes! You will need to wait a week or so before I can reveal the finished quilt as the same customer has given me two of her quilts. As they have to be posted off to Wanganui I will finish the second quilt so they can keep each other company in the post. I will leave you with a photo of the back of the crinoline ladies quilt.


                          Wishing you a happy week and thank you for stopping by!



18 comments:

  1. Love that cat in a bag photo. They find the strangest places to lie sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have been busy, awesome quilting and the sneak peek of the "crinolines ladies" back looks great too. Amazing how cats just fit into awkward spaces....I have one of those too :-) Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the top of the Crinoline Ladies quilt, 'cause the back is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Leeanne, gosh seeing that eye spy quilt makes me think perhaps I could manage one of those for my grandson. What a great idea with all the different fabrics in it. And love the idea of the 2nd & 3rd quilts too. That crinolene lady quilt is looking beautiful, I almost started collecting crinolene ladies once but stopped myself getting another collection!!! I see Simon leading his stressful life again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the back Crinoline Ladies looks lovely and your customer will be waiting by the letterbox as soon as she discovers you've finished number 2! Fun other quilts too, bet they'll be just as loved :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 great finishes and the crinoline ladies looks very nice indeed, teasing us with just the back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Leanne,

    The children's quilts are a lot of fun, who doesn't love a action hero. Gosh the back of the quilt is amazing, can't wait to see the front.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilts for children, very bright and fun! That looks like an amazing amount of work on the crinoline ladies quilt! I look forward to seeing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cat in bag photo...supervising from a position of comfort!! Lol!! The quilting you have done is beautiful...the back of the crinoline ladies looks amazing!! I am sure the boys will love their quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous quilting on all quilts. Can't wait to see the ladies quilt in all its beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cat sure is enjoying the bag, inquisitive creatures are cats. Love the crinoline ladies quilt... waiting patiently for a viewing... What lovely bright kids quilts and lovely quilting leanne I bet thos kids are going to love those quilts to bits..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am especially smitten by the lovely quilting on the crinoline ladies. Can't wait to see the front!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The boys will love their quilts, perfect!
    Hello Simon you little spunk muffin, I can see you.
    PS: still raining down here, not happy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always amazed at how varied and different quilt are! The Crinoline Ladies back though... oh my gosh Leeanne - a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing quilting Leeanne. Can't wiat to the the Crinoline ladies quilt front. The back looks amazing....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh the Ladies how beautiful, I did one square about five years ago. But I will just wait to see the front and admire this beautiful one, amazing quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww bless the cat photo
    And I do like the top quilt . . . . Simplicity at its best but yet still so wonderfully amazing

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool work! I have not thought to quilt a duvet, what a good idea for a quick project.

    ReplyDelete