Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Hello 2022.................


Hello Quilty Friends.
Happy New Year, I hope your Christmas celebrations suited you well.

As I write this post I'm not quite back into quilting for my customers yet, but soon.
I've been soaking up my holidays as last year was absolutely bonkers!
This quilt is actually from last year, but due to the very s-l-o-w postal system it took a long time to be returned to it's owner in Australia.








Quilt Information:

Pattern - Unknown to me.
Measurements - 73"x 73"
Quilting - Custom Quilting.
Batting - Cotton - Purchased from me.
Backing - Supplied by customer.
Threads - Glide.

In the next two photo's you will see how & what I used for designing the blocks. 
A big piece of plexi plastic & a white board marker - I it placed over some of the blocks, doodled some ideas, removed those I didn't like - kept the design I liked close to use as a guide.
I did this after I quilted all the feather wreaths, which is a digital design. If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook you would have seen the hyperlased video.

The edge of the plexi plastic is taped off with blue tape.


The next quilt was made by me and gifted to a family member. 




Quilt Information:

Pattern - Ray by Caroline Friedlander.
Measurements - 77" x 82"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Tortoise Shell Spiral.
Batting - Polyester.
Backing - Squiggles White.
Threads - Glide - Sterling.
Binding - Full Quiltmekiwi Binding Service 😁

Until next time - take time to smell the roses.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful custom quilting on that first quilt. Those ribbons and the feathered wreaths really compliment the romantic feel of the fabric.
    I love the huge log cabin block quilt. I have never seen that before. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt, it is interesting to see how you decided on the design to use Leeanne. Your big log cabin is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilting, how nice the custom quilting came out. Wonderful log cabin.

    ReplyDelete