Monday, July 21, 2014

quilt show




Setting up for the show was fun! We had a wonderful bunch of ladies welcoming us in. We took some of our BOM's, kits, patterns, fabric bundles, wool felt & some fun sewing paraphernalia that Kerryn bought back from Spring market in America.
Big apologies for the yellowy photo's, it was the lighting in the hall.



The swarms of ladies keen to see our goodies! They were a great bunch of ladies who loved our wares.



                                 Our fabric bundles sold like hot cakes! As did some of our BOM's!




Our basket of wool felt looked a bit flat when we packed up, as so many were purchased.
After setting up Kerryn & I took turns to pop next door to a vintage shop for a wee look around.



A lovely little old church brimming with vintage & retro china, linen & other yummies! I came home with a little blue & white china plate & a stack of magazines.


A view from the stage looking own over the hanging quilts. Despite the cold dismal day, there were plenty of people out & about.



I really fancied this quilt in browns & duck egg blues. The maker had stitched in the ditch on her machine, then stitched designs by hand using running stitch in a lovely chunky deep duck egg blue thread as well some areas simply tied.


I loved this string quilt too, made from men's shirts. It reminded me of the one I made my niece a few years ago see here.
Back soon to share more with you, until then keep warm & dry!

14 comments:

  1. looks like you had a wonderful time Leeanne - there were some amazing creations and your stall was definitely a main attraction there I think - it was so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy doody Leeanne, I love craft shows, I do actually drool quite a bit at them ya know! Gets a bit messy lol! Now that brown & duck egg blues quilt is just lovely! It's a colour scheme I want to use for my lounge, the room with the books and big comfy sofas! It would look stunning in there. Do you know what fabrics she used? Hope you're not being battered by horrid weather again. It's bloody glorious here today. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stall looks lovely all set up Leeanne - big baskets full of tempting goodies. That Vintage Shop next door looks most interesting too ... some lovely china there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great the pair of you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing the vintage shop. Maybe I should be visiting sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All looks lovely Leeanne......wish I could have been there, would have loved to visit the Vintage shop.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Leonie, your stall was definitely a main attraction , for me for sure. Had busy few days, but am now going o sit down and purr over my purchases, what to work on first?!!!!!!!!!!! Thinking it will be the christmas block of the month. Wasn't the vintage shop great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you and Kerryn didn't suffer from hypothermia. My feet were frozen till about bedtime!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad all went well down there for you both - sounds like the weekend was a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute Vintage shop, and in an old church! I want to live in an old church or a light house, or both, wonder if I could have both. The light house could be my beach house, and of course you can come and stay and quilt away. Glad you had a good time at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The show looks wonderful, lots of beautiful quilts. It looks like you have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh WOW it looks like it was a great quilt fair, pleased it went well for you both. Love the vintage shop. Also all the quilts.

    ReplyDelete