Sunday, March 8, 2015

Gossip in the Garden...................................


Hello! I'm back with much to share, I have had emails asking when I was doing a blog post again! Been busy quilting and helping out at The Country Yard's New Years Launch. I quilted several samples for the shop ( Facebook followers would have seen some sneak peeks) but had to wait to share the finished quilts until after the special event. So first up is Gossip in the Garden.


"Their friendship revolved around cups of tea and gossip in the garden". Does this sound like a friendship you have with someone?


This delightful quilt was designed by Annie Downs of Hatched & Patched if you pop over to her blog her blog header features Gossip in the Garden, but Annie's fabric selection is quite different from mine.


I chose Kansas Troubles fabric, "Token of Friendship" which is quite fitting for a quilt about friendship. A selection of background fabrics including a lovely rich muddy primitive muslin makes for a quilt that will blend in well in my home!


One feature that appealed to me to make me say I was keen to make the shop sample was the Dresden Plates. There are four in total and another 'stubby/chubby Dresden', each with a sweet stitchery in the center circle.
Baskets of posies............................


Some traditional pieced blocks...............................



Once again I enjoyed using the apliqick tools from Lynette Anderson for all the applique and English Paper piecing.


I kept my quilting fairly simple, using plenty of stitch in the ditch of course, what may surprise you my loyal followers there are no feathers! Quilted over wool/ poly batting.



This quilt is available as you see with all these fabrics through The Country Yard.
I will leave you with some photo's of the shop after we revamped and reshuffled to make room for all the new eye candy. See you soon with some more quilts.




12 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous quilt Leeanne - well done on getting it finished for our big day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such amazing, wonderful work. Love the quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful quilt Leeanne. Very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilting Leeanne and it sounds as if you were all very, very busy up there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohhhh swoon that pram in the last photo !! !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your version in the KT fabrics, Leeanne! Beautiful quilting--but no feathers?!? Are you feeling okay? : )
    Looks like such a cool shop--wish I had any hope of ever visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh Leeanne, lots of work in that beauty. Love the fabrics you have chosen, especiallylove the dresden plate blocks. Your quilting is perfect I think - not too much, just right. Was thinking of you yesterday & hoping the day went well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Leeanne - it is gorgeous! Your work and stitching and sewing and quilting! What a wonderful result and will no doubt have people clamouring to buy the pattern. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Leeanne, you made a stunning verwoon of the 'Gossip'! Wonderful choice of fabric, sewing and quilting! I love it! I think your verwoon is Niger than mine will be.
    Happy quilting, Cisca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Leeanne, your quilt is gorgeous! No wonder you have been busy, such a lot of work. Your quilt and quilting is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. a very different colour scheme to Anni's but it looks great...............

    ReplyDelete