Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Three quilts for The Country Yard



Welcome and hello, nice to have you visiting. I am sharing with you today three quilts for The Country Yard. If you are not familiar with The Country Yard I invite you to use the link to pop over for a visit or better yet hop in the car, train, bus or plane, you will not be disappointed!
The team at the shop have been busy beavers making some lovely samples, the following three quilts have had E2E (edge to edge, all over quilting) quilting.


Look at this clever layer cake quilt. Kerryn (shop owner) chose "Feather Me" E2E pattern for this quilt and it works well. I used Superiors Fantastico thread in the colour 'Marble'. A photo of the back:


The second quilt is also made from a pre-cut this time from a Jelly Roll. Simple wavy lines approximately 1" apart.


I used Madeira thread in a smokey grey. Kerryn asked to me attach the pre made binding completely by machine, a.k.a "the full Quiltmekiwi service".



A pieced backing...................................


Last but not least "Songbird" panel quilt. I chose "Groundcover" E2E pattern and used Glide's 'Cool Mint'.


 Not the best of photo's but that's the best I can manage on rainy days. Once again this quilt had the full "Quiltmekiwi service".


                      I will leave you with a few photo's of my last tramping trip.





6 comments:

  1. Hard at work I see, great looking tramp

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been hard at work on your quilting machine, and the Country Yard girls have been hitting the sewing machines! The last photo from your tramp, the tree stump with magnificent fungi is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More beautiful quilts Leeanne and quilting!! Beautiful trees you saw on your tramp, how amazing is the fungi on that stump.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially like that layer cake quilt.
    You have such beautiful scenery on your tramps! Wow--those are some giant fungi!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I hope I have it sorted now before the computer goes out the window!!! Beautiful quilts Leeanne .... lovely scenic tramping photos xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful scenic pics! And your quilting compliments all 3 quilts beautifully!

    ReplyDelete