Wednesday, June 21, 2017

"Chopsticks"......................................


Hello and welcome on this winter Wednesday. The wind is howling throwing fallen leaves into mini tornado's! Enough of the weather, time to share Chopstick's a Jaybird Quilts design.
Kerryn, owner of The Country Yard asked me to custom quilt her sample, yippie this quilt is super nice! Here is the 'before-quilting' photo......................


Kerryn supplied the cotton/poly batting. The quilt measures 62" x 83" and is made using Moda fabric by Sweetwater called "Sunday Supper".


Using Glide thread in the colours 'Linen' and 'Ocean' I set to work play!! Using a straight edge ruler and one of my ProEcho rulers and free hand quilting.




Kerryn requested the "Full Quiltmekiwi Binding Service", which is to attach pre-made binding (or I can make it) to the back and bring forward to the front of the quilt top stitching in place, or attach the binding to the front the quilt and hand stitch the binding to the back of the quilt. In this case Kerryn wanted the binding completely attached by machine.



The whole quilt, quilted and binding attached ready to hang in the shop along with fabrics, patterns and kits.


                 Last week I celebrated another birthday and I was treated to some lovely presents!


Thank you my friends and loved ones. Last weekends tramping was a treat also, after a short drive to Sandy Bay we had a lovely walk through farm land, forest, beaches and Whananaki where we stopped at the local country school to share in a Mid winter Christmas lunch.




           Every single time I am out exploring I feel so lucky to be apart of all the beauty.

The last couple of weeks has been very slow progress on my Running Zebra quilt, but I do have a neck and mane!


Linking up with the lovely Linda and Julie for "Sew-Stitch-Snap-Share". Thanks ladies, you are keeping me somewhat motivated!



Thank you for stopping by, happy creating and take time to enjoy the paradise you live in!

12 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fabulous quilt/quilting. Great photos' too Leeanne of your recent walk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your quilting in each of those triangles is beautiful, I don't know which design I love best. Happy belated birthday too. Thanks for linking to Sew Stitch Saap SHARE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a fresh clean looking quilt Leeanne. I always love the quilts Kerryn puts together. You have quilted it amazingly - as always. You make adding binding look simple!!! Beautiful orchids you received. Stunning scenery again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS quilting!!! and wonderful binding. such a pretty quilt! Happy Belated Birthday and Happy New Year because your birthday is really the first day of your New Year!!! take care and Happy Sewing from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt looks great Leeanne :-) Glad to hear you had a nice birthday! The pics from Whananaki look so familiar from years of pony club camps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilting on this quilt Leeanne and I can't wait to see your zebra all finished, I adore zebras!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, Leeanne! As I viewed the "before quilting" photo I never dreamed what you would do with it. You do such beautiful work!
    And you live in a beautiful place!
    Congrats on the birthday. : )
    I think that zebra is looking really good. It may be slow going, but it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilting is beautiful and has really enhanced the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ankther beautiful quilt Leeanne, your quilting just makes it!! Will be inspirational in the shop. You see some beautiful places when you are tramping. Lovely to see you were spoilt on your birthday. The zebra is looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilting is just beautiful---I do wish you had shown a picture of the back of the quilt too. I look forward to browsing your archives. Blessings from West Virginia, USA.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday! Better late than never... and I absolutely love that triangle quilt, and the quilting is divine! You have been a busy lady. The zebra is looking very funky, and will be fun once it is finished.

    ReplyDelete