Monday, November 20, 2017

Sue and Pam's Quilts


Welcome back and hello. The sun is out today after a wet and chilly weekend, winter is getting the last word! Today I share with you Pam's wall hanging and Sue's two quilts. First is Pam's wall hanging made for her son after a trip to Alaska together where Pam's son chose this kit from Northern Threads Designs a quilt store they visited while in Alaska. Pam asked me to quilt the same as the sample on the pattern.


Next are two quilts from Sue, all bound for Texas next month. Sue keeps me in steady supply of quilts as she has a big family in Texas that she lovingly supplies with quilts. This first one is for Sue's great grandson and Sue wanted 'Gummy Bears' E2E pattern, Sue has had this design before and likes it for kids quilts.



The back.....................................


The next one from Sue is one made for her granddaughter. Sue asked for Hearts.......I used "Amour".



Sue likes the polyester batting I have in stock. I wish her safe travels and lots of warm hugs when her loved ones receive her heart felt quilts.

I have been distracted from my Running Zebra quilt by this little fella lately, my daughter keeps sending cute photo's and video's of him, making me miss him even more!


And then there is also my new English Paper Piecing distraction. Donna Ward has started a sew along on Instagram that I just fell in love with! I have been reluctantly cutting into some treasured Tula Pink fabric. Here is a progress collage:






7 comments:

  1. Bears and hearts, super choices for each one, and a great wee fellow, we miss our grandies, although they are not so far away in Rotorua, but too far for us to go up and back in a day now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Alaska wall hanging..the colours are beautiful..and of course the quilting makes it all pop!! The gummy bears E2E is lovely and the best for a childrens quilt. Lovely the quilts are going from NZ to the US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy seeing close up photos of your quilting and especially so when you show how the quilting looks on the back. Gorgeous photo of your grandson, love his guitar outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Alaska wall hanging is gorgeous - a great mix of colours and a perfect momento for Pam. And the Gummy bears pantograph is perfect for the baby quilt. Your wee fellow is excessively cute - how lucky we are to have modern technology to keep us all in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG how gorgeous is that grandson of yours? I will help you steal him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work as usual Leeanne. I too purchased that pattern from Donna. Lovely to see your fabric choices. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I have changed my comments on my blog so I now get an email again. Much better that way. :-)

    ReplyDelete