Monday, February 19, 2018

The Doctor was in the house!


Dr Seuss was here and now he and his quirky friends have gone back to Maureen in Invercargill.
What fun we all had together, come see...................


Apart from choosing cotton batting, Maureen let me loose on this quilt, soon to be gifted to a 'yet-to-be-born' grandchild.






                    Maureen supplied the scrumptious backing fabric which was Dr Seuss Flannel.



The next two quilts I managed to fit in between customers quilts. They are made by the ladies at the Auckland Quilt Guild from the community group. All the quilts generously made are given out to needy people.






Both quilts are quilted free hand, the first with swirls & leaves, the log cabin quilt wood grain.

10 comments:

  1. Oh My that Dr Seuss is just stunning Leeanne ... I loved it when I saw it on your instagram page. Love how you have bought it to life with your quilting ... one lucky grandchild there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the good doctor he always has such good words of advice!! Love the spotted under side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr Seuss is amazing, your quilting makes the images pop! The other quilts and quilting are beautiful especially the swirls but Dr Seuss grabs you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a Dr Suess fan here....wonderful quilt and quilting. The other quiots are lovely too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Dr Seuss is awesome! One lucky grandchild will be able to snuggle under this popular character! The ladies at the Auckland quilt guild do an awesome job also as do you and I am sure the recipients appreciate all the work that has gone into the making and finishing of the community quilts. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr Seuss, this is a quilt that will grow with the new one, and be treasured always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 lovely quilts. Well done for doing the quilting on the COM. Quilts - I really love the wood grain pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Cat in the Hat quilt has my heart! My youngest grandson, who has severe disabilities, loves this character. I did make him a quilt from some of those fabrics, but took the easy way out and tied it. This is stunning, the way you have quilted it!
    Oh, I especially like that woodgrain pattern you applied to the last quilt. Nice job on all three!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun quilting on the Cat in the Hat quilt - I am sure it will be much loved and used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super cute Dr Suess quilt - it does look like you had a lot of fun on that one...being let loose sounds dangerous!

    ReplyDelete