Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Quilting for Liz, Marilyn, Norma & Scarlett

Hello Quilty Friends!

Welcome back for my last post for 2022.
Hasn't the year gone by quickly. 
Like many of my blog posts there is plenty of variety......
 There is something for everyone to be interested in.


 


Quilt Information:

Pattern - Unknown to me.
Measurements - 59" x 67"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Rhapsody Feather.
Batting - Supplied by customer.
Backing - Supplied by customer.
Threads - Glide - Garnet.





Quilt Information:

Pattern - Chandelier - By Lella Boutique.
Measurements - 70" x 70"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Whitney's Pearls.
Batting - Wool/polyester - Purchased from me.
Backing - Ombre Squares Dove - Purchased from me.
Threads - Glide - Warm Grey.




Matching toe nail polish!


Quilt Information:

Pattern - Log cabin.
Measurements - 84" x 84" 
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Persephone.
Batting - Supplied by customer.
Backing - Supplied by customer.
Threads - Glide - Ocean.











One of the two bags of baby clothes

Coming up with a simple plan

Quilt Information:

Pattern - Two Memory quilts made from baby clothes, my own simple design.
Measurements - 55" x 82"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Squiggle Wiggle - with some masked out areas that I custom quilted.
Batting - Cotton - Purchased from me.
Backing - Navy Squiggle - Purchased from me - I used this for the sashing, borders & binding.
Threads - Glide - Sterling.

Scarlett contacted me to ask if I could make a quilt for each of her young sons from their baby clothes.
She gave me two big bags of clothes. I came up with a simple plan to try best to showcase the boys clothes. Each piece of clothing was cut into squares then stabilised with an iron-on fusible webbing because all the clothes were T shirting fabrics - baby onesies & t-shirts etc
Scarlett only wanted narrow sashing and borders.
It was A LOT of work! 
But I think the end result is really nice & I'm sure Scarlett's boys will love them for years to come. 


Here in New Zealand we have our Christmas in summer. The temperatures are already rising, families are packing up camping gear & dusting off their barbeques ready for those iconic NZ camping & beach Christmas celebrations.
I'm not really into either, I prefer a nice walk in the bush or bike ride, fish & chips at the beach then retreat to the cool of the house & hopefully embark on some personal sewing!
Wherever you are in the world & however you celebrate Christmas (or not at all) be safe & joyful in the simple pleasures of life.

Image from Pinterest

Leeanne


 

3 comments:

  1. Season's Greetings to you and yours. We will be home, visited older daughter at Rotorua a few weeks ago, and younger one and her man coming in mid January. No travel, that suits me so well.Have a wonderful summer break, see you next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Chandelier quilt, pink & grey = the perfect pairing! I have my pas de duex quilt all wrapped up & ready to post up to you next year! Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays Leeanne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a huge undertaking Leeanne!! I think I would've been tempted to hide in the closet if someone had presented me with such a task. I love how you worked out what went with what ... & t-shirting fabrics would've been tricky too!!! Well done !!!!
    A walk in the bush, fish & chips & then inside for personal sewing sounds like my idea of a perfect Christmas!! Enjoy my friend Xxxxx 💗💕

    ReplyDelete