Saturday, August 24, 2024

Quilting for Marilyn, Rosemary & Tina

Hello Quilty Friends!
The following quilts have nothing in common (unless you can spot something?)
But they were all made by some of my crafty & clever customers, & made with love.
Lets dive in for a Looksie.




Marilyn used HIGH visibility tape, such a fun addition! 


Quilt Information:

Pattern - Roadworks (Marilyn's adapted version) by The Apple Basket.
Measurements - 56"x 77"
Quilting - Custom E2E - Baptist Fan e2e through the middle & free motion quilting on border.
Batting - Supplied by Marilyn.
Backing - Grey Squiggles - Purchased from me.
Threads - Glide - Light Grey & Autumn.
Binding - The Full Quiltmekiwi Binding Service.










Quilt Information:

Pattern - New Zealand Bird Panel ( Rosemary added borders) Panel by Fiona Clark.
Measurements - 55"x 62"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Bean Sprout.
Batting - Wool/polyester - Purchased from me.
Backing - Supplied by Rosemary - But I do sell this! 😉
Threads - Glide - Sterling.








Quilt Information:

Pattern - Storm at Sea.
Measurements - 102"x 103"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Bubbles.
Batting - Supplied by Tina.
Backing - Supplied by Tina.
Threads - Glide - Basil.


The need to share exciting news this week is strong: I sold TWO quilts from my shop!!
Whenever a sale occurs I'm soooo darn happy I could dance!
I love to think a baby, newly weds or someone's friend is wrapped in one of the quilts I made.
They are all made with love, because I LOVE making quilts - have I mentioned that before
What an incredible long lasting gift a quilt makes.
These are the two I sold this week:



I have many more quilts available in my shop if you are looking for a special gift. 
It could well become a family heirloom.

Last weekend I loaded up some backing fabric to accommodate some beautiful olive green
 satin I purchased from an OpShop.
 I wanted to quilt table runners & Christmas stockings. Once I'd quilted up all the satin I still had backing fabric space, so the 'waste-not-want-not' me HAD to keep adding more bits of fabric & keep quilting until it was all used up.
 Three days of quilting & all the backing fabric was used up with all sorts of quilted pieces! Here is a short video of me unloading the l-o-n-g quilted piece!


 Below is a photo of the finished stockings I made. They are for sale (not listed in my shop yet).
When I finish making up the other quilted pieces I will share photos with you all. 😁
I did put some fun videos on my Instagram page.



I recently finished reading this book, such a wonderful read.
 Kristin Hannah is fast becoming my favourite author.


The latest pair of knitted socks gifted to a sweet friend x



Here's hoping you enjoyed this post, as always its lovely to read your comments.


Leeanne.

1 comment:

  1. Three beautiful quilts Leeanne, brought to life with your wonderful quilting. Love the NZ bird panel. Congratulations on the sales, well done! I have not long finished The Women a book by the same author you mentioned, was a great read.

    ReplyDelete