Friday, September 27, 2024

Quilting for Julie, Linda and a Quilt Gift!

Hello Quilty Friends!
My last post was in August, it's nearly October!
Where the heck have I been & what have I been doing?
I've been quilting, making stuff & I popped away for a week to visit with my motley crew!
The first quilt I'm sharing is not a quilt - 
it's quilted bag batting ready for my customer Julie to take to Symposium 2024 next week for classes.
Then there is Linda's amazing quilt - yes it's a quilt!
Anyway, you are here to look, not read my woffle!







Quilt Information:

Pattern - Pieces for bag making.
Measurements - 44"x 40" x two pieces on one backing fabric.
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Larkspur & Overlapping Crop Circles.
Batting - Supplied by customer.
Backing - Supplied by customer.
Threads - Glide - Mocha.











My 'road map' - this is how I planned my design and how I kept track of where I was.

Quilt Information:

Pattern - Alaska by Laundry Basket Quilts.
Measurements - 82"x 82"
Quilting - Custom Quilting.
Batting - Cotton - Purchased from me.
Backing - Supplied by customer.
Threads - Glide - Linen & Ocean.

All Ruler work, Freemotion quilting, with the exception of the centre star & eight blue stars - 
that's a digital design from My Creative Stitches.


The following quilt is one I made for my dear friend's new granddaughter. The colours were curated from a photo my friend sent me when her daughter first conceived. These are the colours she loves. Of course when I heard she was having a girl I wanted to make another quilt in pink! 
Call me old fashioned! I knitted a couple of items & one of those is pink!




 


 I recently meet up with my family to surprise my grandson for his birthday. Nearly all the family arrived. That & the look on my grandsons face was priceless! We hung out with all the kids, big & small. A visit to an amazing zoo was also a highlight.




Thanks for stopping by!
Leeanne.

2 comments:

  1. 7, young enough for the surprise to be so enjoyed and old enough to remember this forever. Bag batting pieces, wonderful.And the one underneath, stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thought, I saw a pic of our grand-daughter the other day and was sure there was a Monstera plant in the room !!! No wonder I really love my runner.

    ReplyDelete