Sunday, September 19, 2010

3 finishes.......



Here is a quilt I have recently finished for my dear friend 
Jenny, this is a very simple but effective quilt...very soft colours.
Strips of border fabric and rows of the Hour Glass block.
This quilt  is called 'Oma's Treasure".






Number 5 "My Garden" BOM from Lynette Anderson another cute block......no doubt Raewyn you have finished yours??











What is this quilt????







Nine Patches!!!
Here you will see I have done a very simple setting
1 1/2" sashings with corner stones, no border as such, just the sashing again and for the quilting.... quick as pie.....cross hatching.
I did this nine patch as a swap with a round robin group I am in...can't show you the round robin I am working on, just in case the owner sees it here on my blog!
But if you pop over here you will see another friend in the group with her nine patches at play....oh did I say there are 144 blocks!!!






Here is my nine patch back...some extra patches I made, I think I got carried away one day making them.
I have a new love of scrappy backs they seem to have a life of their own.

1 comment:

  1. Well done!! Pop over to my blog to answer your question!! Love the backing for your 9-patch!!

    ReplyDelete