Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Do you love EPP????



EPP?????

 What the hang is that, some might ask? English Paper Piecing.
Vivian is a customer of mine that I am looking forward to meeting one day, as we have two things in common.............
a love of EPP & we both think there is not enough hours in the day!! We agreed that sleep is over rated & if we didn't need to sleep, just think of how much we could get accomplished!
Vivian happily ( over the phone, we haven't met face to face yet, but I really like this woman ) told me she was .....quote : 'an oldie, but a goodie' ....'I am 74 love'. This women lives & breathes patchwork & loves her garden, she tells me she often wakes up at some unearthly hour & does her patchwork!
Anyhow, here is the second of three of Vivian's quilts I have to work on. You can see the first here 


I LOVE this quilt, the scrappiness, the vibrant colours & of course the wonderful EPP!

You can see I quilted a petal shape on the "Jewels" ( I found this name for this shape on the Sue Daley website ) I used a Gunold variegated thread for the petals, then a swirl in the centre hexie.
Pebbles in the cream hexagon I also used a variegated Gunold. Which I thought might look like gravel stepping stones.




The green side borders have a rolling swirl & the top & bottom has a loop/flower, using a green Madeira poly neon. The next border has a curling ribbon & the last border, straight lines, both a red Madeira poly neon.

Also finished was another wall hanging for Ngaire. I have quilted one the same  a few weeks ago.


On a non quilty note, a book finished....................
This is a New Zealand written novel. "Where Lions roar at Night" By Rosie Boom 

'Ten year old Milly had always dreamed of living in the country & owning all sorts of animals. So when her parents buy a piece of land & move their six children into a ninety-year- old barn, Milly can't believe her luck.
But she never imagined that living the simple life would include mucking out a filthy water tank, gathering endless supplies of firewood, clearing the land, & rescuing animals in a 'hundred year ' storm.......Nor did she expect to hear deep groanings in the night! "


Now for the next quilt!!!


13 comments:

  1. Very nice quilting job on the paper pieced quilt, Leeanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt and fantastic quilting. I often wake up in the night and can't get back to sleep, so, I get up and stitch. It is amazing what you can get done being a bad sleeper - I suppose that is one advantage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwww I love it!!!! Fantastic:-)
    A big hug from Italy.
    Emanuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Leeanne! You always do beautiful quilting, but you've outdone yourself on the EPP quilt. Just adore how you've used the pebbles to create the background and let the flowers 'sing' out front. Stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the EPP quilt - so much time and work has gone into it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,lovely quilt and lovely quilting. The pebbles are a perfect touch. I think I know what I will be doing on my gmg quilt now!! Gosh Ngaire is prolific isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leanne - I love how you've quilted the hexie quilt - bet the pebbles took some time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for heads up re book.

    Oh my I was drooling over the scrappy quilt. I bet Vivian is going to love the quilting you have done. It sure just finished the quilt stunningly. I was drooling!
    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Punjab Technical University CollegeNovember 22, 2012 at 6:13 AM

    Very nice post. Well done! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What reading age is the book aimed at? Just wondering if it would be good for primary school library?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love the EPP quilt and your quilting looks fantastic. I love the quilted flower shapes and the pebbles. Vivian sounds an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Leeanne the EPP quilt is awesome well done to both of you. And I love the bird hangings that you have done for Ngaire.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilt looks wonderful, such a huge amount of work to make one this size. Your quilting is beautiful(as always!)

    ReplyDelete