Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Presents, customer quilt & a rose


What do these three things have in common?? They are all at my house...........but not for long!

First the presents.........................
Cat , over at Catalina's Cottage organised a Advent Swap & I took part. So for the past month I have been sorting, making, buying & wrapping presents for my swap buddy Dawn. 
Here are all 25 of the gifts for Dawn............( one for each advent day )
  And I did manage to put them all neatly into to a box, which is now on it's way to Dawn in the USA.
There will be no public mention of how much this was to post!!!
Enjoy your 25 days of December Dawn!!


Secondly, the customer quilt
. A little cot panel quilted up for a sample at The Country Yard . Cotton batting & minky backing. My quilting inspiration came from Leah, over at the free motion quilting project, only I used my walking foot.
You really need to click on these photo's.


 I wish you could feel how soft the backing is.....................


And last, but not least, a rose.

 This will be gone soon, as roses do, but then lucky for me another will follow!

The last photo is what I have been working on for the last few days & will be finished soon.

7 comments:

  1. Wow you have been a busy little beaver...Im sure your Christmas buddy will enjoy opening a parcel each day, what a neat idea.
    Cute all over pattern on the baby quilt, and Im sure the sampler quilt is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo - lucky Dawn - it will be a fun package to receive. Kerry's quilt it looking good....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great!!! Have a nice Christmas and good luck:-)
    A big hug from Italy.
    Emanuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilting on the baby quilt is rather neat I must say!! So you did bite the bullet and pay another visit to the post shop?? Can't wait to see the finished article you are quilting at present.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You truly are an amazing quilter AND swapper!
    Thank You xxx for being you
    The rose is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!
    I will have yours shipped out end of this week beginning of next at the latest. xo hugs to you!! The packages look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can imagine Dawn is very excited! How wonderful you can pick a present out of that box every day.
    The baby panel looks so lovely and the black and white block, too, with that thick thread.
    The roses are stunning, but the oranges also, how lovely it is spring now yhere with you.
    Have a nice day, Cisca

    ReplyDelete