Sunday, December 1, 2013

lengthy post, quilts & road trips




First up is a table square made by Stephanie for her mother for Christmas. I did a cable on the border with a scroll in the middle where the cable meets. Then an all over flower/ leaf/ tendril ensemble using Gunold variegated thread, over cotton batting. Happy Christmas to Stephanies Mum!


While on holiday in Alaska, Elizabeth bought the kit for this quilt from www.rushintailor.com to make for her 12 year old grandson.



I quilted a simple all over pattern in the middle using a Gunold variegated thread, then a repeat of straight lines on the black, then a wandering loop on the border, over cotton batting.
A photo of the back....................................


Next up is a wack n' stack by Elizabeth (different to the above). A decided all over 'Jumbo Stipple' seemed to work well, followed by some straight lines & an all over flower/ leaf/ tendril ensemble for the border this time. When I quilt for Elizabeth she likes me to use Bamboo batting.




Next a sample I stitched up for the shop. Designed by Gail pan, called 'Sampler in Blue', with that in mind I couldn't use red, could I??


I chose a Kim Deihl fabric for the border, then a Cottage Garden thread called 'Lyrebird Walk' for the stitchery. I filled the little pincushion with crushed walnut shell.

Lynette's Chateau Hexagon BOM is coming along slowly, I did finish month four.




Also I managed to finish a fabulous book, this book gets TOP marks from me! I loved it, hard to put down, but I didn't want it to end!


Amongst all of that I popped down to my nieces wedding, a lovely day.


On the way home I stopped in for a leg stretch at Puhoi & was delighted to find the little shop "The Trove"  open! Amanda the owner is lovely, the lovely building is filled with pretty things, both new & up cycled.



Next to the general store, Puhoi is my choice for a stop of point. Look you can even tether your horse up outside while you shop!




Thanks for hanging there with the long post.


5 comments:

  1. Phew what a busy time you have had Leeanne ... first up I love the fabrics in the first quilt/table square. The 2nd quilt from Alaska kind of reminded me of Mr Fluffy in the centre square :-)
    I LOVE the sampler in blue & the little pincushion - have often been tempted to try the crushed walnut filling. Your nieces wedding looked just beautiful. And that shop at Puhio ... Oh be still my beating heart - I could see lots of goodies in there to tempt me !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great quilting ideas here. Thanks for the close-ups.
    I LOVE Sampler in Blue. Very sweet.
    What a fun looking shop. I would enjoy a nice browse there! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness you are super busy! I especially love the sampler in blue :) And weddings are so magical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got to see Steph's table topper in person on the weekend and it looks great - she's really pleased with it and busy putting on the binding. Congrats to your niece and her dress looks stunning! And I've put the book on my too read list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! You do such a good job. Too bad you don't live closer, or I would have you quilt my quilts...

    ReplyDelete