Tuesday, February 11, 2014

sneak peeks & random thoughts................................................




Secrets & more secrets to show you readers..........hang in there at I will show you  all the wonderful, delightful projects I have been blissfully working away on soon.
 A sneak peak of two completed blocks from the Block of the month I am working on for The Country Yard. I am just loving this project & enjoying using the Apliquick tools Lynette sent me for the applique.


Three quilts & one table runner quilted, binding & labels attached, ready for a wee elf to hand stitch the binding in place all ready for our New Years Launch on the 8th of March. After this date I can show much much more!



The other day I had Simon sleeping at my feet in my sewing machine cover, he was so cute. One evening I couldn't resist taking a close up photo of his paws.

Remember just over a week ago I showed you my first customer quilt of the year, see here. Well Fleur emailed me some finished photo's, complete with matching cushions. What a lovely scene.





A quilt could mean you and your family survived the harsh winter.  Hand stitching a quilt was crucial for your families survival. Old quilts, were once 'new' quilts. Made from salvaged scraps of clothing, pondered over, thoughtfully cut & pieced, in many cases by candle light to make a quilt. Most likely not thought of as a keepsake, but a matter of means.
Thought provoking is the old quilt...............where did you come from, who snuggled under you, what were the tears for, and the joys, the celebrations life holds..........................old quilts do that, don't they? They get you thinking...........................................


Because we make quilts more for pleasure, rather then out of need, does that mean in years to come our quilts will not be thought of? Where did your quilt come from, who snuggled under your quilt?

15 comments:

  1. Oohh those sneaky peeks look most enticing Leeanne especially the pinky one in the 2nd pic with the doiley poking out :-)
    I love the pics of Simon - gosh those cats of your sure do lead the most stressful lives ... wondering which quilt to curl up on next. Fleurs quilt looks wonderful on the bed with the cushions to match. And is that a peek of Miss Alice's dress I see there ??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sneaky sneaky!! Very cute photos of Simon in your sewing machine cover - what a life he leads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sneakies! There is such intrigue when you see an old quilt...just fires your imagination regarding maker and recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a tease!
    Most of the quilts I own were made by my Mom--hand quilted. She makes only bed-size quilts, so they are used regularly on our family beds, but treated with care. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what you've been up to...I see CW fabrics in there, so I'm excited!
    Fleur's quilt looks amazing, with cushions to match!
    I would like to think my quilts when old one day will still be treasured by family.....quite a few tears shed on some of them.
    Lovely post Leeanne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look gorgeous - I am so curious to see what you have been stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm curious too!
    And Simon is one lucky cat - what a life. Love the little sewing machines I can see on your cover. Is that fabric or appliqué?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cant wait to see all those secrets! I reckon that even though quilts aren't really a "need" these days that most of us made them for family or friends with reasons and meanings. Perhaps in a few generations down the line they will have a few more stories and adventures in their seams x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope my new quilts will one day become old quilts with meaning and will be as loved then as they are now

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sneak peeks are just about doing me in, I love the look of the top one, can't wait.... but I guess I'll have to! Fleurs completed quilt looks so pretty in it's new home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post as usual, I enjoyed reading your thoughts on old quilts. Lots of lovely sneak peeks, I look forward to seeing more and I love the paw photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. vimax Good article and very inspiring my creative, awaited the next article

    ReplyDelete