Tuesday, October 13, 2015

A Batik Beauty


Hello good people, a quick post to share Kerry's lovely Batik quilt. Kerry is the owner/operator of Tulis Textiles  selling "Exotic fabric and unique tools for the creative quilter".


Made using one of Kerry's slicing type rulers and templates and of course a selection of her batik fabrics. Kerry asked for all over quilting (edge to edge) but when I received her quilt and noticed the olive green peeper I suggested all over quilting through the middle only, and not over the peeper, then choosing a separate design for the border. I designed a pattern that I free armed/handed guided that suited the pattern and fabrics.


Which you can actually see better from the back, I was having a day of the sun not being on my photo taking side! You may have noticed the white circles, Kerry is going to applique some circles on now that the quilting is complete.


The border was easy to come up as the pattern on the fabric was quite geometric and very similar to what I have quilted, it ended up giving some nice texture.


                                  See that free peeper! Thank you Kerry, enjoy your quilt!

Facebook followers will have seen the latest quilt I am working on : Merry Merry Snowmen by Bunny Hill Designs. My customer, Maree has sent me two applique quilts that she has requested custom quilting on. Here is a photo of some of the quilting so far.


Stay tuned for more. Until then keep creating!

11 comments:

  1. Oohhh that sneaky peek of that Snowman quilt looks divine Leeanne, love it :-) And your quilting looks pretty damn fine too I might add !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the look of the quilting on the Christmas quilt. Great design on Kerry's quilt. I'm busy ditching a New York Beauty for my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilting Leeanne, love the batik fabric and the Christmas quilt is loking amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect twirls! The first quilt has a very striking pattern! Love the geo-shaped border too - perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good call to keep the pattern within the peeper. You made a very nice design!
    Love the peek at the next quilt, too. Can't wait to see all of its quilty goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilting on both quilts Leeanne. Love those swirls on the Christmas Quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Leeanne lovely quilting on Kerry's quilt, you have such a knack to do just the right thing. And the Christmas Quilt is going to look divine! Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Leeanne lovely quilting on Kerry's quilt, you have such a knack to do just the right thing. And the Christmas Quilt is going to look divine! Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your work is gorgeous on both quilts! I love the snowman quilt of Bunny Hill, I'm looking forward to yours!
    Happy quilting, Cisca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kerry's quilt is gorgeous, those are totally my colours and I agree that peeper needed to be free - inspired thinking. Love the other one too.

    ReplyDelete