Wednesday, October 21, 2015

table coverings............................



Hello smiley people! I hope you are smiling, there is so much in life to smile about, don't you think??
Speaking of smiling these three table covers are bright and cheerful enough to make anyone smile.


Made by Marilyn, owner of the most prettiest Bed and Breakfast to feast your eyes on! Marilyn made three the same from cute seed packet fabrics for her covered in porch areas at the B&B. Because these are for a semi outside area Marilyn asked for all over quilting (edge to edge) as they will eventually rot and need to be thrown out, then Marilyn will make some more!


I used a pantograph pattern called "Espalier" and a thread called Azalea Pink, perfect when the border fabric and backing are a Chintz "Azalea Pink"!


Marilyn makes some stunning quilts which are used and displayed throughout her B&B, please click *here* for a look at her website, there is also a gallery of some of her quilts.
Thank you Marilyn!

If you haven't been smiling maybe this photo of my rose will help.



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Rose!! You always make me smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely B & B! She has beautiful quilts on display throughout. Have you quilted many of them?
    Such a perfect photo of your rose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red rose and I think I see a wisteria in the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilting as always ! Love the Rose. Thanks for making me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Leeanne, I clicked on the link to that B & B ... its amazing. Makes me feel like I want to go stay there. I think thats a great idea to just accept that the table runner will be in a half-enclosed area & when its tatty, just throw it out. I tried using oilcloth for my tables in my deck area but the backs got mildew in & went yucky anyway. Your roses are much further along than mine ... but then you live in the winterless north dont you ???!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete