Monday, July 10, 2017

Laundry Basket Quilt


Hello quilt lovers, nice to have you back for another visit. I have a few beautiful quilts to share with you but not until they are back in the arms of their owners (of course I have posted sneak peeks on my Facebook and Instagram accounts). However the following quilt IS back in it's owners arms so I can share the details with you.


The owner of this beautiful quilt is Kerryn, owner of The Country Yard. A simple yet clever design made up using Laundry Basket fabrics. Kerryn asked for the 'Turbulence' edge to edge quilting pattern. I used Glide thread in the colour 'warm grey' - which is a very soft beige.


Kerryn also asked for the 'Full Quiltmekiwi Binding Service'......................Thank you Kerryn!


With the school holidays in full swing here in New Zealand I am taking a short break from quilting to spend time with my eldest granddaughter, who knows what we will get up to!
While tidying up a few loose ends before she arrives I happen to see Juliet's Sew-Along! Bad news for my Running Zebra...........good news for stash busting! So Zebra aside and welcome 'Kingi' my Kingfisher!


Measuring only 9" square I just love this little fella! What fun I had raiding my stash for this. Because Kingi didn't take long to make he was left hanging all alone in my wee sewing nook (with a very depressed and abandoned Zebra!).............s-e-w............I made 'Olly' the Otter too to keep him company!


Now I know for sure they both will need their mates hedgehog (unnamed & unmade) and fawn (also unnamed & unmade) to join them............the question IS will my main stay of fabrics stretch to the other two critters??



15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilt/quilting Leeanne and Kerryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilt from Kerryn and the quilting pattern adds such a lot of movement.
    Cute kingfisher and otter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving your blocks FPping is to me so difficult to do. The quilt is a beauty quilting really sets it off. have a lovely time with your GD

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I don't want to know about Juliet's sew along... I cannot add any more projects onto my "to do" list. But that otter is insanely cute and the kingfisher is just as bad...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those Laundry Basket fabrics on Kerryns quilt. I thought perhaps that was the name of the block??!! Your new blocks are so, so cute Leeanne, I am sure your grandaughter will want to get her hot little hands on them!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilting suits Kerryn's quilt perfectly.. Have fun with your DG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt and quilting Leeanne, love the colours. Kingi and Ollie are amazing, I am tempted to have a go at them...like I need something else to do!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors of Kerryn's quilt are so soothing. That was my first impression. Then to read that it was quilted with a design named "Turbulence", made me laugh.
    Juliet's designs are so clever. Your little animal friends look so good! It caught my attention when I read "hedgehog", as DD#2 got one for her family's pet for Christmas. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours of Kerryn's quilt. That fabric line is calling my name......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that gorgeous quilt and I adore those very cute critters xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are having fun with your GD Leeanne - I bet she loves those blocks of Granny's, they are extra cute! The Hugs and Kisses quilt turned out lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilting on this quilt really adds texture & movement, I love it! {Taking lots of notice now as I'm contemplating couriering one of mine to you!}
    Wonderful kingfisher & otter blocks, that blue fabric really 'pops' here! Enjoy your time with your GD.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another fabulous quilting design that brings the patchwork pattern to life! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful quilt Leeanne made very special by your lovely quilting!

    ดูหนังฝรั่ง

    ReplyDelete