Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Quilting for Dorothy & Merry Christmas!

Hello Quilty friends!

Welcome back for my last post for 2023.
Another year another wrinkle 😄
Dorothy is a customer from Taranaki, another part of the north island of New Zealand, about an eight hour drive. Anyway for the last few years Dorothy has been sending me quilt tops in bulk!
Anything from six to ten quilt tops.
This year it was ten quilt tops. I promised I would get as many quilted before I finished quilting for the year. I quilted seven. They are all back (thank you NZPost!) with Dorothy as she now begins her mammoth binding expedition. 
I won't share every photo and video I took, if you want more eye candy you will have to trot over to either my Instagram or Facebook pages. Let me know what you think.




Quilt Information:

Pattern - Scrappy Trip Around the World (Bonnie Hunter has a good tutorial if you are interested)
Measurements -37"x 49"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Modern Squares.
Batting - Supplied by customer.
Backing - Supplied by customer.
Threads - Glide - Bark.




This quilt top was Dorothy's beloved old cat 'Baz' quilt top. He would lay on it to supervise her sewing. So the quilting design is a tribute to him!


 Quilt Information:

Pattern - Shattered Nine Patch.
Measurements - 57"x 70"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Cats in the Moon.
Batting - Supplied by customer.
Backing - Supplied by customer.
Threads - Glide - Peacock.




 

Quilt Information:

Pattern - Chilhowie - By Bonnie Hunter.
Measurements - 57"x 57"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Vestibule
Batting - Supplied by customer.
Backing - Supplied by customer.
Threads - Glide - Linen.






Quilt Information:

Pattern - Unknown to me.
Measurements - 69"x 69"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - New Growth.
Batting - Supplied by customer.
Backing - Supplied by customer.
Threads - Glide - Willow.





Quilt Information:

Pattern - Unknown to me.
Measurements - 57"x 57"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Elizabeth.
Batting - Supplied by customer.
Backing - Supplied by customer.
Threads - Glide - Tarheel.




Quilt Information:

Pattern - Brightly by Cluck Cluck Sew.
Measurements - 60"x 72"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Totally Mod Circles.
Batting - Supplied by customer.
Backing - Supplied by customer.
Threads - Glide - Linen.


Swap blocks from Australia & New Zealand.



Quilt Information:

Pattern  Unknown to me.
Measurements - 59"x 68"
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Van Gogh.
Batting - Supplied by customer.
Backing - Supplied by customer.
Threads - Glide - Mocha.


I want to wish you all a safe and peaceful festive season. Be safe out on the roads.

We are ready, we have our Christmas tree up:


And here's what I will be doing over my holidays:


And some of this for sure:


Catch you back here next year!

Leeanne.

4 comments:

  1. WoW Leeanne .. I think if someone sent me 10 quilt tops to do I would be hiding in the cupboard having a wee meltdown! Dorothy sure has done some amazing work & it is great to see all the different E2E designs that you have used.
    Yes I think that quite possibly IS your christmas tree my friend 😉 ... knowing how much your hubby adores Christmas decorating I think you should make more of an effort than that!!! 😉😉🎄
    Wishing you a wonderful festive season & a break from those machines x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baz' quilt is my pick, given my love for any cat anywhere,( LOVE your quilting !!) but those teddy bears are wonderful, are they applique? Have a joyous relaxing Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My tree might equal yours, minus any decorations. We gavce them all away years ago.But I do have two manuka( teatree) bushes in the garden, so a twig or two might manage to get called a tree !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took inspiration from you, hope your tree doesn't have a patent, and did mine in a walnut bowl that Hugh made.See it on Instagram, many thanks for ideas that are so clever.

    ReplyDelete