Monday, April 19, 2010

paper piecing

Under the Southern Stars is a quilt designed bySue Daley that The Country Yard is offering as BOM. I am lucky enough to be making the shop sample.Now I have been making this since October...but you have to remember it is paper piecing.It is a fantastic portable project, I take it to do in the car (not when I'm driving!) or when we are on holiday.The quilt has 36 stars that are appliqued onto a background circle, then this is appliqued onto a background fabric.
When I had only 4 stars left to make, I saw on Sue's blog a tutorial using Sewline glue pen, go here to see the tutorial...this sure speeds things up.Well I suppose it will speed up the next paper pieced quilt I do, but I have finish this one first!!!
So here are the finished pile of stars, the rest are on display at The Country Yard as the centre of the quilt.
My days are full with quilting for others, then come the evening guess what I do?........Paper piece...and some blogging!

1 comment:

  1. Those blocks are very impressive. I have several EPP projects - still going I am afraid to say. I have discovered Inklingo, which is another method simiar to this but very much quicker...the patern is printed on the fabric and rotary cut - easy to put togehter..Just a thought that you may be interested in at some time. Your quilting is beautifuul..do you use a domestic machine or a longarm? ♥

    ReplyDelete