Saturday, May 29, 2010

Log Cabin

 I'm sure I'm spot on if I say most quilters LOVE Log Cabin quilts! Well I'm one of them.I love the look of this quilt, the design within a design.......the cream friendship stars with the log cabin house in the centre and the woven look of the dark logs.Shame I couldn't just keep it on my bed aye? No it is off to the The Country Yard as a class sample. I will most defiantly put this on my TO-DO-List.

Here is a close up of the quilting I did. I just ditch stitched the dark logs. I did free form feathers in the cream logs.


PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGE FOR A CLOSE UP.


Here is a close up of the centre of the quilt I got this design from a book I have on Trapunto...I would have loved to have Trapuntoed this, instead I used a contrasting thread...well a variegated in brown tones.

8 comments:

  1. What can I say ... I love it and I'm glad it's my sample to keep!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering about your feathers do you go up one side and then come back down the other, or do each side of the feather as you go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pattern is great and the quilting is FABULOUS!! I don't think I could have given this one up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leeanne.....what a wonderful blog you have....and your quilting is FAB....I know you said you don't have much time for your own quilting...but, wow...your trapunto is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Log Cabin .... it is a wonderful variation of the design!

    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry not to have visited before - BUT - I do love your quilting...its terrific! Log cabins are great - I have never done one but always admired them. Lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilt so pleased I am going to do this - I was going to do it in creams and browns - what do you all think?? Would appreciate comments. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Creams and browns would look lovely.

    ReplyDelete