Saturday, August 2, 2014

Baby quilt, Christmas in July & spring??




As quilters we love to make, create & give. A wedding, a birthday, a 'thinking of you' & welcome new baby.


A new grand baby has arrived, what better way to say "I love you", than with a handmade quilt. Made with love, then the new baby will be wrapped in that love & warmth. Christine asked me to quilt this lovely soft welcoming quilt for her. 'Organic' cross hatching was her choice, as was cotton batting. I used a Gunold Variegated thread. Quilt size 47" x 64".


Last week I received my 'Christmas in July' presents from Vicki. A lovely angel bag, Christmas tree shaped oven mitt & Christmasy wallhanging. Thank you Vicki.


My presents went to Ann in Australia (no blog).





Snowman wallhanging, a Birdbrain pattern, stitched using Cottage Garden Thread, hung on a rusty hanger.


A Christmasy hand towel.


Lastly a Christmasy star. This is a Birdhouse pattern. Plus I put some other goodies in her parcel, just because!

As a winter lover I was feeling very ripped off today,as it was so warm! Where is our winter? Spring seems to be springing into my winter!!




8 comments:

  1. But isn't Spring just fabulous! All those little iddy biddy lambs, big eyed calves and gazillions of glorious Spring flowers filling our world with COLOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does all feel a touch crazy weather wise! Love the blossoms...so uplifting :). The quilt and all the gifted goodies are just delightful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your organic cross-hatching seems very evenly spaced. Do you have a trick?
    Looks like it was a fun exchange. I especially love the little stitched snowman you made.
    How cold do your winters usually get?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes you have been short changed this winter - I'm not complaining at all. Love the cross hatching on the quilt lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pressies - but I have to say - bring it on Spring :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely baby quilt Leeanne - And lovely swap gifts, both given & received. Yes I know what you mean - the seasons are all over the place. But seeing as Spring is my favourite, I dont mind quite so much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a happy baby quilt Leeanne,the organic crosshatching suits it well. Nice to see your CIJ pressies - so good they finally got to you. And lovely to see what you made, too; the ricrac on the handtowel is a cool idea. Your Magnolis is ahead of mine - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Leeanne, I am Annie who received your swap. The gifts were gorgeous as were the extra treats you sent. I am so sorry I have thanked you so late, I went to go on line and forgot! Your quilting is gorgeous. I am originally a Gisborne girl now living in Melbourne xxx

    ReplyDelete