Sunday, July 26, 2015

Kaffe Fassett and some of my flimsys................


Marilyn attended a class on making these interesting nine patch blocks, she used her stash of Kaffe Fassett shot cottons.


Unfortunately the lemon border turned out washed out in the photos, but one close up photo shows off the quilting. In this photo you can also see my new fancy quilt hanging method.......skirt hangers!


Marilyn and I both agreed cross hatching would work really nicely for the nine patch blocks, she was keen for variegated thread, I used a lovely orangey/tealy/pinky one from Madeira.


              The cross hatching continued out to one of the borders, this helps with continuity.
The final border is black and Marilyn loves a contrast of the variegated threads, the swirls look nice.




Here you can see the feathered border, this lemon border is quite vibrant, not that the photo is telling you that! Thank you Marilyn, enjoy your quilt.

Another month has passed so I have another 'round' of The Country Yard's Mystery Medallion. Not very fancy as I wanted a blank canvas for quilting. A simple appliqued vine, all ready for feathers etc.


I think we have two more rounds to go, then this flimsy will head over to the quilting pile to keep my Star Mastery flimsy company........................


Another flimsy in my pile is my Classic Strippy, which is a Bonnie Hunter design from one of her Leaders and Ender books.


There are others in the 'nearly finished pile'.............but Rome was not not built in a day was it! I think I need to give myself a quilting weekend working on getting some of my flimsy's into actual quilts!


Simon thinks this is a fabulous idea, he said he will do the washing, cooking, cleaning, answering emails etc.................but first he might need to rest!

16 comments:

  1. Your applique border is just so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man you are so busy, luck you have Simon to help out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn's quilt is lovely - out of interest did you do any ditch stitching? Haha I think I need a month of weekends to complete my flimsies!! Your latest ones are looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe the amount of work you get through. You are Super Woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilyns quilt is amazing and you have quilted it beautifully. Always love just looking at all the eye candy at your place x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to see Simon resting in anticipation of the busy times ahead!! I thought Simon was in a a basket, just realised it is your machine cover!! Lol!
    The quilt and quilting are amazing ....boy Leeanne you need some time out to quilt your own quilts! Yoiu have made some beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heheee! Funny kitty. :) This was a fun post with all the quilt - love the plaids in that 9 patch variation, and your applique border is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am amazed at how many fabrics Kaffe has done, These look very good as a nine patch quilt. Love the cat in the basket looks so much at home. Best of luck with all the other projects, like you I have a few in flimsy stage

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I borrow Simon? : )
    This quilt really speaks to me--love the fabrics, design, and quilting. Nice job, both of you (and Kaffe, too, I guess).
    Oh, I really like that Bonnie Hunter quilt, too. Turned out very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kaffe Fassett fabrics are very lovely arent they?? Just beautiful, all your quilts are beautiful Leeanne. We used to use skirt hangers to display cot quilts etc at the Gift Shop - they are great. Wish Icould climb in beside Simon & have a wee rest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the plaid quilt. Your quilting is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Classic Strippy Leeanne. I'm thinking of making a tumbler Leaders and enders. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. aaahhhh Simon ~ doing what Simon does best ~ love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The plaid quilt is a beauty and love the cross hatch quilting with the patterns in the borders.
    The Classic Strippy is calling to me as I seem to have a never ending stack of scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these ... a wonderful array of quilts

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful. love the cat photo. so cute.

    ReplyDelete