Monday, March 20, 2017

My Tribe...................................


When Marcelle gave me her "My Tribe" quilt several weeks back we discussed several ideas for quilting but none of them really 'gelwith' the quilt, that is until I saw an idea on a fellow long- arm- quilters blog! Then the stars aligned and it was all go!


Marcelle got the pattern from Amy Friend's book "Intentional Piecing" after she had 'borrowed' a fabric bundle from her friend! This friend was recently married and Marcelle wanted to make her friend a special wedding quilt to mark the occassion. This 'borrowed' fabric was coveted by her friend so Marcelle knew she wouldn't mind if it secretly disappeared! Crikey we quilters can be a sneaky bunch!


When I spotted Tia's quilting on one of her customers quilts I knew it was the design this quilt needed. I quickly emailed Tia asking if she would mind me using her fabulous idea......."yes go for it!" she said! Whoopwhoop. Looking like map contour lines I believe this design works so well with these Teepee's, it makes me think of the scene in the movie Dances with Wolves where there is a network of Teepees by the riverside on the prairie.


Measuring 40" x 42" makes for an awesome lap quilt or even better a wall hanging. This really was a pleasure and so much fun to quilt! Marcelle made a fabulously interesting backing.


Thanks for stopping by and enjoying Marcelle's quilt...............I hope you will visit again soon.


12 comments:

  1. It really is the right design for this quilt. You did another masterful job, Leeanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely of Marcelle to make it for her friend for a wedding quilt. I am sure it will be treasured. You have worked your magic again Leeanne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! Being a child who had a Dad crazy about the Wild West and passed this on to me I just adore this quilt!!! I had a teepee as a kid, feather head-dress and all, he taught me to use a bow and arrow . Your quilting is just wonderful, thanks for letting us have a peek at this quilt, it takes me back quite a few years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you did a fabulous job! Just perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job! Bravo! Isn't that the most fun type design to quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one beautiful quilt Leeanne, well done on finsing just the right quilting, it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool quilt, looks like a fun quilt to have made and the quilting you have done is amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUch a fun quilt - sneaky Marcelle but I've sure she'll be forgiven!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful!!! you are an amazing quilter...

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Tee Pee's are gorgeous, oh and Home is so the nicest word, along with Garden, not gardening, just garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely, modern looking design... and yes, a perfect quilting pattern! I'm sure it will be much loved by it's recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That really was a great quilting motif for this quilt - love its story, too.

    ReplyDelete