Saturday, October 28, 2017

Animal quilts - series five.............................


      Welcome back time for another two quilts from Juliet's book. First up is the Clydesdale Horse.




Sadly another one I missed taking a photo of the back. Juliet supplied some fabulous backing fabrics for all these quilts. As a horse lover and former horse owner I did love this small piece which is ironic as the piece measured 21" x 14" but real life Clydesdale's are much bigger than that!
Next Tiger..................look out he's coming your way!



Isn't the background fabric magic! I tried to quilt the look of long reed grasses...............................



                                                    Whalaaa...........a photo of the backing!


One more to share with you in another post. While sewing the binding on a quilt yesterday a had company..................


9 comments:

  1. I never dreamed the Clydesdale was that little. Love the way you quilted it.
    But that tiger--oh, my! I really think it is coming at me. Beautiful interpretation in the quilting, Leeanne! Can't wait to see the other one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Leeanne ... that Tiger is amazing, just really pops right out at you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these but especially the tiger...love his eyes! And that is reversible looking at the quilting!! Great furry company, even if he was bored!! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Clydesdale!!!! He is the most magnificent, and so many years since I saw one in real life. Maybe when I was 10 or 11 at the Franklin A&P show at Pukekohe. Your quilting brings out all his beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simon is so like my boys, same colours, same habit of rolling about yawning, making life look super laid back. High Five Simon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two more great quilts. I love all the fabrics Juliet picks, very clever choices! And amazing quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those big hooves on the clydesdale, your quilting shows them off perfectly. It's a hard life being a cat!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both these quilts, but living next door to a farm with three Clydesdales you can guess which one is my favourite. I love the fabrics used and the feathering is beautiful, great quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two more fabulous creations! I had trouble picking that the Clysdale was foundation pieced... Your quilting has complimented them really nicely - Juliet must be thrilled with her book!

    ReplyDelete