Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Linda, Julie's & Pat's Quilts


Hello quilty friends, I hope you are all finding comfort from fabric & food in these unusual times?
Today New Zealand has moved from lockdown level 4 to level 3 and while this level is still strict, one part my customers and myself are delighted about is I can now resume posting quilts home to their makers.......

Some of the quilts ready to go!



Quilt Information:

Pattern - Carolina Chain
Measurements - 47" x 60"
Batting - Wool/polyester - Purchased from me.
Backing - Supplied by customer.
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Meander.
Threads - Glide.



Quilt Information:

Pattern - Sawtooth Star.
Measurements - 50" x 59"
Batting - Wool/polyester - Purchased from me.
Backing - Supplied by customer.
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Meander.
Threads - Glide.





Quilt Information:

Pattern - One piece of fabric
Measurements - 52" x 60"
Batting - Polyester - Purchased from me.
Backing - Riley Blake Molted Cream - Purchased from me.
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Dancing Leaves.
Threads - Glide.
Binding - The Full Quiltmekiwi Binding Service.



Quilt Information:

Pattern - Unknown to me.
Measurements - 69" x 69"
Batting - Cotton - Purchased from me.
Backing - Cream Wyndam Sprig - Purchased from me.
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Baptist Fan.
Threads - Glide

With the lift from level 4 to 3 not only can I resume posting my customers quilts back to them after I have sprinkled quilting over them, I am allowed locals to leave their quilts in my drop box for a non contact drop off and collection.


There is a virtual quilt show happening at the moment in cyber space. Two of my quilts were accepted into the show.
Anyone can attend the virtual show to shop and to vote for viewers choice. Here is the link if you want to pop over and see some of the lovely quilts on display. Viewing & voting finishes at the end of the week. LINK

Wishing you all - over flowing fabric stashes and projects to keep you at home, safe, sane & creative!

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you keeping busy Leeanne. I"m sure after the lockdown there will be a few more completed flimsies for you to 'sprinkle your quilting' on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Postshop is in the entry foyer at New World, and will be open from 10 to 2, maybe I can be brave and with mask and gloves, brave the air to post a parcel? For us older ones, level 3 is not much different, I did not join a queue for a takeaway, BUT I do long for a real cafe coffee. Your quilts will be on their merry way, and do they sit and wait outside for 3 days after arrival, as is recommended? OR opened in great delight? I sometimes doubt the safety of the couriers, as one man delivered a cardboard parcel here, bare hands? tThen I thought that even with gloves, he could have handled anything on the way. So we sprayed with meths and left it out there for 3 days!!! Such self restraint. Hope you are all OK up North, and can soon be out and about as was once normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Leeanne! Your postie will love you! I cant wait to see my quilt arrive & No I won't be leaving it for 3 days to open ... sorry Nancy. You have been busy despite the changes in circumstances & its good to know that us fabric lovers will still continue creating & getting you to sprinkle your magic on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilts Leeanne, you have woven your magic once again. Love Julie's whole cloth quilt, such pretty fabric. Good to to hear hear too, your restrictions have eased a tiny bit.

    ReplyDelete