Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Quilting for Liz and Ingrid........................


Hello quilty friends, as I write this post our little New Zealand that has remained free of any community outbreak for over 100 days has changed, last night it was confirmed that are four cases. Our government has put Auckland into level 3 lock-down and the remainder of New Zealand into level 2 until they can trace how and where these victims came about the virus. I personally am happy with how swift our government has acted. We remain hopeful.

            Lets get to the quilts and quilting.........................






Quilt Information:

Pattern - Unknown to me.
Measurements - 74" x 84"
Batting - Wool/polyester - Purchased from me.
Backing - Ponga Koru - Purchased from me.
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Van Gogh.
Threads - Glide.





Quilt Information:

Pattern - Betsy's Baskets by Betsy Chutchian.
Measurements - 63" x 73"
Batting - Wool/polyester - Purchased from me.
Backing - Cream Sprig - Purchased from me.
Quilting - E2E Quilting - Owl Always Love You.
Threads - Glide.

I recently sold another quilt, a little happy dance from me! If you have been wanting to purchase one of my quilts do not wait about! Sprinkle some sunshine in someones life, goodness knows we need it in these uncertain times.



                                                         Stay safe, sane, be kind and creative.

5 comments:

  1. First of all, your quilting is so, so lovely! I am always glad to see what you come up with; your quilting seems so fresh and pretty. I am so sorry about your lockdown! It is scary here as well, as we are pretty well open with everything except bars. At least they closed those up again, thank goodness! Stay well dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sad to hear there are virus cases in NZ and that you are back in lockdown.
    The quilts you have quilted are beautiful, love the fussy cutting in the first one especially the Ruru. The quilting on Ingrid's quilt is so appropriate for her! Well done on the sale of your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts and quilting, fussy cutting to perfection. Yes, we are in different levels again, the response has been quick and well thought through, The family , I hope they all recover well, through no fault of theirs, they have been stricken with the Covid 19 , we all need to be vigilant. My home made mask now has another bought one inside, only problem, my glasses fog up.I might try the wipe with detergent trick and see if that helps. Stay safe up North.p.s. The Central Plateau mountains have snow down to a low level, and look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fussy cutting with the first quilt! As I'm late in reading blogs what a change from four cases the number now overnight. I agree the govt moved quickly and I'm pleased they did. Love the Van Gogh quilting pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard about the new cases on the news yesterday. It is good to hear that your government took such swift action. Other nations need only look to the U.S. to see what happens when you don't act swiftly. :(
    It is funny that there is owl fabric in the first quilt and an owl E2E design on the second quilt.

    ReplyDelete